Zd1211 blades

/ Zd1211 blades #121  
I liked the G6 Gator blades other than the mentioned blow out from under front side of deck mowing at 3.5”

They cut clippings finer but doesn’t seem to blow the clippings out SD Deck as well as the high lift winged blades imo

/ Zd1211 blades #122  
I have been running G6 on a 72" SD for 2 years. I like them but in the fall when it is dry the front blow out can be annoying. I have machined a number of sets of the holders for these blades for other owners.
I quit running G6 Gator mulching blades with machined down blade holders on my 72 SD deck because of the blowout from under the front side of deck.

I’ve ran stock blades again this season but just ordered some Oregon 92-116 old style Pro Deck blades because of the higher wing lifts to see if they would sling clippings out any better.

I hate to loose 1/2” of blade width with them compared to the 3” width stock OEM ACS blades

Last edited:
   / Zd1211 blades #123  
I got the Pro Deck 2.5” wide Oregon hi lift # 92-116 blades on my 72” side discharge ACS deck with my machined down blade holders as member @gonnasellit informed us all on : to accept the old style blades with 1-1/8” CH.

they blow clippings out the side chute deck with more force than the stock 3” wide OEM blades.
The cut quality is about the same.

they seem to create a little more dust & rob a little power in thick heavy grass compared to the stock 3” width OEM Kubota ACS blades

I’ve mowed with them 4hrs so far & hadn’t noticed blowout from under the front of the deck like the G6 Gator blades did.

I’ll mow more hours tomorrow ....

Last edited:
   / Zd1211 blades #124  
I’m really liking the Pro Deck Oregon 92-116 hi lift blades on my 72” ACS Deck (y)

cuts great & slings clippings way farther out the side chute

/ Zd1211 blades #125  
I’m really liking the Pro Deck Oregon 92-116 hi lift blades on my 72” ACS Deck (y)

cuts great & slings clippings way farther out the side chute
I also have a little farm and cut about 10acres of grass weekly, I have a zg327 60" SD. Great mower but wanting to upgrade to a 1200 with a 72" RD to help with time and grass blowing all over me. Sounds like u have both RD and SD and was wondering which you prefere and which you would recommend.

/ Zd1211 blades #126  
I loved the 72 RD deck keeping me clean but I couldn’t ever get the WindRowing satisfactorily in thick grass so I sold it.

it was ok if I mowed weekly & on time but work & rain prevented that.

the wide tires deflected clippings & packed them down : then in a few days when they turned brown it looked awful.

the RD mower also sucks clippings up into the radiator causing it to run hot & boilover unless you kept radiator screen dumped out every couple hours.

I bought a ZD1511 72 SD & liked it so well I bought a second one for my wife or a helper.

/ Zd1211 blades #127  
I’d mowed for 20yrs with a 6 7 & 9’ Rear Finishing Mowers behind my tractors & none of them WindRowed like this.
It’s an even spray pattern with their design & no wide rear tires.

I’d never buy another RD Zero mower for my application here.
Lesson learned.

/ Zd1211 blades #128  
I’d mowed for 20yrs with a 6 7 & 9’ Rear Finishing Mowers behind my tractors & none of them WindRowed like this.
It’s an even spray pattern with their design & no wide rear tires.

I’d never buy another RD Zero mower for my application here.
Lesson learned.
Great info tyvm

I see wind rows with my 60" sd that I don't like,, so I figures the 72" would be worse. Also I was scared of the bigger deisel because of the regen issues I've read about.

Decisions... ugh

Thanks again!

/ Zd1211 blades #129  
I love the ZD1511 4cyl Turbo.
it doesn’t bog near as much as my old ZD1211 on my hills & thick grass.
I wish it had more power but it’s sufficient for now until somebody makes a bigger one

/ Zd1211 blades #130  
You must be running the chute deflector down if your seeing windrows with a side discharge ?