Zd1211 blades

/ Zd1211 blades #111  
Can someone post a pic of Kubota OEM 77700-07937 Mulching Blades for a 72 SD ?

My local dealer only carries the K5975-34360 stock blades :confused3:

I’m thinking they have teeth on the wings similar to the G6 Gator Blades but a much shorter sharpened edge ?

/ Zd1211 blades #112  
I removed the G6 Gator Blades from my 72” RD deck mower today.
The cut was great & they cut the clippings much finer but just don’t sling the heavy clippings out the back like hi lift blades.

I installed new Oregon 92-116 High Lift Blades with much longer FLAT sharpened edge AFTER I’d removed all the baffles underneath, the 2 rear deck skids, all 3 rubber flap shields across the rear of deck & also cut a 1” strip off across the bottom of a metal shield in center.

All this was done to sling Heavy clippings out faster & broader instead of making 3 windrows each pass.

It’s still not as good as my 72” Side Discharge but it’s the best it’s ever been.

Last edited:
   / Zd1211 blades #113  
CE6EE020-176E-42CA-8420-AA8BF9223469.jpeg

This was 6-8” hi thick heavy grass mowed in a back & forth pattern with 72” RD deck @ 3” blade height from concrete floor.

Clippings are still very visible but not concentrated into 3 separate windrows like before.

In a few days when clippings turns brown is when it’s Ugly :(

Last edited:
   / Zd1211 blades #114  
I took the G6 Gator Blades off my 72” SD Deck today & put the sharpened OEM Stock Kubota Blades back on with the original blade holders to compare.

The G6 did cut clippings up finer BUT the stock blades with Hi lift wings slings the clippings much further out of the chute which distributes them lighter over cut grass.

Im mowing 12-15 acres of Thick Heavy & Tall Grass on my farm Not a nice smooth subdivision yard or lot lol.

I think I’ll stay with the stock blades for my application

/ Zd1211 blades
I have to take my g6 blades off. With it being dry the blowout from front of deck completely covers me and the mower.

/ Zd1211 blades #116  
Same here.
The stock blades with taller lift wings must have more suction & not blowing dust AND grass out from under front of deck.

/ Zd1211 blades #117  
I finally got around to trying out the machined hubs for the Gator blades. The hubs fit perfectly.
I also noticed more grass blowing out of the front of the deck, but no more than on my zd331 with Gator blades. The OEM blades on the zd1211 do a satisfactory job, and I got a little used to not being covered in clippings. I'll stick with the Gator blades though, particularly for mulching leaves.

/ Zd1211 blades #118  
I saw a guy on YouTube take the baffle out of the front of his ACS deck to not restrict clippings from left blade being slung out.

has anybody did this ?

/ Zd1211 blades #119  
I unbolted, cut & removed the section of baffle in front of the right blade on my 72 SD Deck so that clippings would have the full width of side chute to exit the deck.

heavy clippings has a much wider spray pattern now.

Last edited:
   / Zd1211 blades #120  
I have been running G6 on a 72"SD for 2 years. I like them but in the fall when it is dry the front blow out can be annoying. I have machined a number of sets of the holders for these blades for other owners.

Last edited: