Massey Ferguson 1635 4.80 star(s) (13)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Massey Ferguson 1635.
25-50 HP Tractors

About the Massey Ferguson 1635

Massey Ferguson 1635 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 1635 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (13)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Massey Ferguson 1635 Subcompact Tractor
85 %
15 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
merrickvilleguy

1635 Massey Ferguson
So Far so Good
Model Year: 2010

Hours were between fel/bush hoggins/grubbing and ploughing. It works great for a small tractor.

Pros: Does the job and is quiet & comfortable.
Cons: I need a bigger one =)

5.00 star(s)
Tokson

1635 Massey Ferguson
Impressive
Model Year: 2011

After only 18 hrs of using my tractor, I'm very happy with it. Easy to operate, impressive from all point of views.

Pros: Fast. Well built. Nice driver zone.
Cons: Nothing.

5.00 star(s)
Dakota_male

1635 Massey Ferguson
Mf1635 review

Traded my 1532TBL to get a tractor with a cab. Seen the options included on this MF1635 TBL and had to have it for some comfort while plowing in our Canadian winters.

Pros: Powerfull, craftsmanship and keeps an excellent trade in value
Cons: A bit too big for my 1.5 acres lot is the only fault.

5.00 star(s)
Tokson

1635 Massey Ferguson
Famous

It's a good product. Well built, good transmission and hydraulic system.

Pros: Compact, torque, hydraulic system, quiet cabin.
Cons: Could be faster on high gear.

5.00 star(s)
lv2mtnbk

1635 Massey Ferguson
More Than Happy

Everytime I use this tractor its a pleasure. It gets used for field work and woods work. The only reason for the 4 stars on reliability is because of an initial issue with an electric solenoid for the starter. It would only start intermittently? The dealer was excellent and even came out on the weekend once, no charge, for even the small guy! Service sells. The tractor now starts every time! I only have 66hrs. On the unit..so I think I've only scratched the surface. Amazing how much these smaller 4WD tractors can accomplish! I looked at similar New Holland and Kubotas, but bang for the buck the Massey appeared to be a more stout unit with great bucket controls for a better price. Couldn't go wrong! Okay..maybe a time or two the 1643 would have been nice..but. No regrets.

Pros: Power shuttle transmission and loader controls.
Cons: If I have too...the seat could be a bit softer, but it's adjustability is good.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

1635 Massey Ferguson
1635 Massey Ferguson
Model Year: 2012

I used to plow snow with my 4-wheeler but in June I had heart attack.so I thought I could use a compact tractor for snow and a lot of other jobs. My four wheeler would put a lot of pressure on my chest where they cut me open. I love that 1635. It's easy to run and power is great.

Pros: Easy to operate.
Cons: None so far.

5.00 star(s)
Flying MXZ

1635 Massey Ferguson
Great Tractor
Model Year: 2010

Extremely happy with it. Has done everything I have asked of it and then some. I have a backhoe, loader, tiller, and brushhog and it runs them all well. Easy to remove and reinstall the backhoe. Powershuttle transmission is great. It is heavy to trailer around, you want a truck that can pull it if trailering. Doesn't seem to use much fuel for the work it does.

Pros: Almost everything.
Cons: Too heavy for lawn work.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Been there

1635 Massey Ferguson
A Higher Standard of Excellence
Model Year: 2013

I looked at and tested a lot of compact tractors before deciding on the MF 1635. Basically, it had a lot of features that were missing or additional options on many of the competitors' products. This tractor appears to be designed for serious users, as opposed to the "economy" models built for less demanding use and the price was actually quite reasonable.

Pros: Lots of space on the operator's platform. The FEL mounting frame extends the length of the tractor, avoiding stress on the engine/transmission interface. Extendable lower link arms. 12-speed transmission, with a power shuttle. Wide tread and high ground clearance.
Cons: No reasonable tool box. Difficult to mount from the right side.

5.00 star(s)
Been there

1635 Massey Ferguson
Well Designed Tractor
Model Year: 2013

It is early days yet, but... So far, I am very pleased with this tractor. While I have some gas engine Farmalls, this is my first modern diesel tractor. I had some specific jobs in mind for this tractor in addition to the usual assortment of utility tasks. I did a lot of detailed comparison shopping and finally chose the MF. It seems to be a cut above the competitors. There are some other good tractors out there, but they didn't have all the right features in the right combination. And, to be honest, many of the compact utility tractors now appear to be designed for sale to homeowners who won't use them a great deal or very intensely. The MF seems to be designed for rigorous use by frequent users. And, the operator's platform is actually large enough for people with long legs and large feet. One attractive competitor was very well made, but it seemed to be designed for much smaller operators - - - it was not comfortable to operate. So far the MF 1635 has worked well. It handles a 3-bottom 14" plow quite easily, even in hard, dry and compacted ground. I haven't met a task it can't handle (within reason), but then, I don't believe in abusing machinery. We get cold weather here, and the built-in block heater works very well. This coming spring and summer will provide an opportunity for a more thorough test, but I am certainly satisfied at this point.

Pros: Lots of space on the operator's platform. The FEL mounting frame extends the length of the tractor, avoiding stress on the engine/transmission interface. Extendable lower link arms. 12-speed transmission, with a Power Shuttle. Wide tread and high ground clearance.
Cons: No reasonable tool box. Difficult to mount from the right side.

4.00 star(s)
skywalker

1635 Massey Ferguson
Great Tractor for Small Farm
Model Year: 0

This tractor has been wonderful to work with. It's a simple tractor with good features. The hydro transmission is almost to easy to use. I forget I'm on a tractor. Its comfortable and responsive. We use it for tilling, mowing, cultivating, snow blowing, loading, We would use a little more power it would be nice if the front loader could take 2000 lbs instead of 1700, since some things come in tons. Also, it can only do so much snow blowing. That not the tractors fault obviously, every tractor has a ceiling. Also, AGCO/Massey, in particular Issacson Implement in Nerstrand, MN have been fantastic. The customer service is above and beyond excellent.

Pros: Easy, reliable, well built, versatile.
Cons: The oil filter is hard to get to.

[ad placeholder]

Massey Ferguson 1635 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Massey Ferguson 1635s

Massey Ferguson 1635 Community Rankings

#234 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#426 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#638 user rating of 27027 items overall
#1269 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall