Massey Ferguson GC2300 4.60 star(s) (13)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Massey Ferguson GC2300.
Subcompact Tractors
1704758534.jpg

About the Massey Ferguson GC2300

Massey Ferguson GC2300 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent GC2300 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (13)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Massey Ferguson GC2300 Subcompact Tractor
77 %
8 %
15 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
75H2

GC2300 Massey Ferguson
MF GC2300 Review
Model Year: 2008

Good little tractor. It's done all I've asked of it. I mow, clear snow off off of a 400 foot drive in a high snow & wind area and use the loader for many chores including installing a new lawn on 3 acres. I've moved over 70 tons of topsoil & a triaxle load of mulch. It takes time, but it will do the job

Pros: Solid, reliable, cost competitive
Cons: Loader a little weak, less power in reverse than forward

5.00 star(s)
bstnh1

GC2300 Massey Ferguson
Excellent work horse
Model Year: 2007

As a first time tractor owner, I am very impressed with the GC2300. So far, it's handled everything I've asked it to tackle with ease. I've moved more than 35 yards of gravel with the FEL and it handled it with ease. I'm particularly impressed with the quality of construction of this machine. Nothing about it is tinny. It's all heavy duty and well made.

Pros: Work horse; easy to operate; fuel efficient
Cons: None yet

5.00 star(s)
Loon Lake Louie

GC2300 Massey Ferguson
What a tractor!

Everyone thought the tractor would be too small. Wrong! I've done everything from removing large hardwood tree stumps to moving boulders to landscaping. It does it all. It will do whatever I ask of it, but since it's small, you have to take your time, but it will do the job. I have a loader, dozer blade and rear mounted snow blower and a cab. Nothing wrong with this set up!

Pros: Easy to operate. Dealer has been fantastic! Fun to work with.
Cons: A front mounted snow blower was a piece of cr*p. It was a toy, while tractor is a machine.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
amumma

GC2300 Massey Ferguson
GC2300 Review
Model Year: 2006

I love this little tractor. Runs very well and the 60" belly mower works great. I have the OEM FEL which generally is very good, but not a huge amount of lifting capacity, as the back end gets a little light. O-rings in the FEL have been replaced twice--once under warranty and the other time was about $500, which I found a little steep. Overall, I think this is a great compact tractor for the small acreage owner. I only wish it had remotes on the back to run my hydraulic log splitter.

Pros: Reliability; 4WD is great.
Cons: Expensive dealer repairs.

5.00 star(s)
bstnh1

GC2300 Massey Ferguson
Nice Little Workhorse

Have put about 65 hours on this little guy mostly using the FEL to construct a ramped driveway. It's a powerful tractor for its size. The only thing about it that I do not like is that it does not seem very stable unless it's on perfectly level ground.

Pros: Powerful, reliable.
Cons: Not too stable.

5.00 star(s)
John R Nungesser

GC2300 Massey Ferguson
It Works!
Model Year: 2003

The M.F. GC2300 is a workhorse. It is compact. The engine is powerful for it's size. I hung a heavy duty 4' rotary mower on it. The little tractor will drive the brush hog through grape vine, Russian olive, privet, 7' high weeds, dense grass, and small saplings! Uh, the occasional whistle-pig (ground-hog) village will stall it! Oh what a clatter! It is an unrefined brute. The draw-backs ... the PTO, 3 point hitch, range selector, etc. ... (the fender mounted controls) drive me nuts as I get on or off the tractor. As I drive, my right leg will hit the 3 point hitch lever raising or dropping the attachment. The biggest drawback.... AGCO will not sell parts to me. I can only get them through an authorized AGCO (Massey Ferguson) dealer! The business I bought my GC2300 from was dropped by AGCO. There is no M.F. dealer within 30 miles .. as the crow flies!

Pros: It is a competitive brute!
Cons: Getting it serviced, and fender mounted controls.

3.00 star(s)
mjerrott

GC2300 Massey Ferguson
MF GC 2300 Review

Our little tractor is a not living up to what we expected a MF tractor should be.

Pros: Small compact, easy to use, enough power for small jobs.
Cons: Some times too small for our use, design flaws that are leading to metal stress and breakdowns.

5.00 star(s)
mosher30666

GC2300 Massey Ferguson
Nice Tractor
Model Year: 2004

Use to cut 2 acres of grass, 1000 ft. of paths through the woods and clear snow off of 1400 ft. of a roller coaster of a driveway. Only one problem in 8 years: hydraulic line to front loader sprung a leak. Factory defect but no recall.

Pros: Nice size, dependable, easy to maintain.
Cons: Lack of after market filters.

4.00 star(s)
cmoore333

GC2300 Massey Ferguson
MF GC2300 Used
Model Year: 2003

I bought this tractor used from an individual. It had only 360 hours, and it is my 1st tractor. Already, I wish I had more HP (30-50Hp) because I get stopped easily by my biggest problem, bamboo roots - when using either a middle buster or a disk harrow. But it is a great introductory tractor, since I knew nothing of tractors when I bought it. The previous owner had disabled the front-end hydraulics because even though he didn't have a front-end loader, or any other front-end attachment, the the hydraulic line kept breaking because of vibrations(?) He thought it was poorly designed. And, with my bamboo problem, I now believe the front-end loader could be very helpful with some of the digging attachments that I've seem for them. I'm not sure if it would be worth fixing since I would likely experience the same problem that he had, and the tractor may just be too small (22.5hp) to dig up the live bamboo (it is aggressive, intrusive bamboo, about an acre, and grows up to 30' high and 2-4" diameter). In addition, I've had to replace the battery because I had to keep charging it up every time I wanted to use the tractor - but, who can complain since it was still the original battery from 2003 or so. Otherwise, I've had no problems.

Pros: Very easy to maneuver and to operate. Great starter tractor.
Cons: Low hp makes tractor easily stopped by roots and other objects.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

GC2300 Massey Ferguson
Happy Owner

Have had this tractor for about a year and am still liking it. It does more than I expected from a small tractor. It lacks individual brakes and a decent PTO clutch. I think all these little tractors except Bobcat use the same transaxle made by someone else so the clutch problem is not the fault of the tractor name brand. I was told this tractor is actually built by Simplicity for Massey(?). These aren't cheap to buy and a bigger size tractor is more for the money but many of us need the smaller size for our use. This replaced a 38 hp Oliver and a 20 hp John Deere lawn tractor and does the job of both except for the heavy lift part of the Oliver loader which is to be expected and the handiness of the smaller tractor outweighs that small loss by far. Have had no bad disappointments with this tractor.

Pros: Does more than an experienced person would think it could do.
Cons: Biggest complaint is the very abrupt engaging PTO clutch.

[ad placeholder]

Massey Ferguson GC2300 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Massey Ferguson GC2300s

Massey Ferguson GC2300 Community Rankings

#25 user rating of 70 Subcompact Tractors items
#21 Viewed of 70 Subcompact Tractors items
#12 discussed of 70 Subcompact Tractors items
#933 user rating of 27027 items overall
#703 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall