New Holland POWERSTART475 3.40 star(s) (29)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the New Holland POWERSTART475.
50-100 HP Tractors
1704757496.jpg

About the New Holland POWERSTART475

New Holland POWERSTART475 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent POWERSTART475 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (29)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the New Holland POWERSTART475 Subcompact Tractor
38 %
10 %
17 %
28 %
7 %
4.00 star(s)
sparkibngmfd

POWERSTART475 New Holland
PowerStar is a Contender
Model Year: 2012

I have been a loyal owner of a Ford 5610 II for some 13 years before trading it in on a new PowerStar T4.75. I had tried out another model and driven/read up on several others. With the new cab, the PowerStar seemed right for our needs: 6 Horses, 9 Beef Cattle, 2 Jersey Cows and all of the associated activities. The unit is sharp looking and the cab spacious. It is similar in dimensions to the 5610 but slightly shorter and the tires make it slightly narrower. The weight differences are significant though. The inside of the cab meets the excellence of advertising. Lots of space for the operator and a nice buddy seat was one of the selling points for me. The controls are well placed but I do find myself grabbing for controls that I am used to being there on the 5610 and are not. The Park position on the transmission is a little hard to get used to but is an excellent feature so far. I was concerned that I might need the creeper gears to go slow enough for good tilling. The salesman assured me I would not. The 5610 would not go slow enough to till well without slipping the clutch. No problem. This transmission has an excellent range of gears and does just fine without the creepers. I cannot say enough about the shuttle. The trans and clutch were getting older on the 5610, so the benefits of the new features are all the more pronounced. This makes it more like a skid steer; super feature. Visibility is amazing on the cab; love all of the glass. That said, working in dusty environments quickly covers the top loader window making it difficult to see through. Duh, makes sense. Not a problem, just worth noting. Tilt wheel is nice though I find that I set it and forget it already. The air seat is a real improvement from what I am used to. I have not figured out the display yet. It is not addressed in detail in the manual and the only thing it displays is hours for the machine and a windows like hour glass. On other models, there are switches below the steering column to switch functions on the display. Only blanks here. It's like it was an afterthought without much thought. The toolbox outside will soon get replaced with a larger tractor box. It is certainly functional for small items only. The bracket makes a nice base for something much larger. I was surprised at the lack of range on the bucket. I do have the mechanical leveling and was aware from other posts that it could limit the range some. Not impressed with how much. On the 5610 I could put the bottom of the bucket perpendicular with the ground to scrape. Not so on the PowerStar. Leveling is all I can do. It just rides up and over a pile. Disappointing. I mentioned the weight differences earlier. Due to the bulk of the 5610, it had significantly more weight. Axles were heavier, the engine heavier, the cab more substantial, etc. Not that I am pining for the bulk of the 5610, but the new loader is indeed capable of more than the tractor weight will resist. This is not due primarily to a stronger loader; I have already lifted the back wheels off the ground with a full load of manure or a 1000# bail of hay on front. That with a 900# tiller on the rear and the back tires have calcium added already. The 5610 was just much heavier and could resist more. Looking at wheel weights but need to work with the maximum limits of weight set by the manufacturer for the front and rear axles. Not sure if we can get meet the needs of loader operation while staying within load limits or not. This will play out in the next few weeks. Could be trading up next year if things don't work out. Would be hard to part with this unit already though. Despite the weight issues, the upside is that the tractor is better suited for things like tilling as a result of less weight. Combined with a new RTA35 Land Pride Tiller, this is a beast at tilling. The tiller covers the tracks without offset and there is no excessive compaction. Guess I don't mind a little trade off in this area. The three point hitch is not as heavy as the 5610; I expected that. It is pretty obvious but heavy enough for the design of the tractor. I love the hood design and the easy access to the engine. Not so much access on the 5610. We did have a trans cooler line that came off while operating at about 8 engine hours. What a mess! Did not appear that the clamp had ever been tightened. Installed the line and clamp and gave her a bath. All was good. Dealer was very willing to jump in a truck and come out to handle it but that seemed a waste of good resources. Overall I am loving this tractor and can see owning it for a long long time. It is a real pleasure to get in and work with and I find myself losing track of time. I have surprised myself several times when I look at the hour meter. It's been on the farm 9 days and I have over 20 hours on it with lots more to come this week. That's a lot for a hobby. I miss some things about the 5610 but I figure it's time to let someone else enjoy her for a while. :)

Pros: Cab, shuttle, transmission, air seat, smooth.
Cons: Low weight of tractor to resist loads, loader range of motion.

5.00 star(s)
bmxfarmer070

Really Good Tractor

Really smooth ride, radio and air condition, really quiet too and great cab set up.

Pros: Everything else.
Cons: Sometimes is hard to put it into park.

3.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

Some Troubles

The number of hours spent at my dealer for repair equals number of hours of use. Very disappointed.

Pros: .
Cons: .

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
jlsbjs

Great Tractor

Great tractor. Has plenty of room I'm the platform when using tractor. Plenty of power. Only complaint I really have is the turning radius is not very sharp takes a little room to turn. Have to watch in tight situations when using loader etc.

Pros: Overall great tractor.
Cons: Turning radius.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

4.75---An Excellent Choice
Model Year: 2013

This 4.75 New Holland is the 1st new tractor in that company that I've purchased in several years. The company has changed a good bit (some good ways and some bad ways). I rate the value on this tractor a 4 because very/very few new tractors are a good deal for how much they charge for them! My model is a 2WD with cab (no loader). We have used it on the farm to pull a 500 gallon sprayer, and 9' disk mower, and large rake. The tractor does and excellent job with both of these tasks!

Pros: Really nice cab and hood design/shuttle, placement of everything.
Cons: Fairly light, placement of oil filter.

3.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

Keep Looking
Model Year: 2013

Don't waste your time or money. This is the worst tractor I've ever used on my farm. The parking brake design is the worst in the industry. I've never been more aggravated than when I need to stop and have to roll forward or backward another 2". Comfortable ride, nice interior, cheap built and a complete lemon. Could have bought a JD 5083E for $2,000 more. I've kicked myself in the butt for not buying the John Deere. The two year warranty is handy, you will need it. I've had mine back in the shop 3-4 times already and my warranty is only 18 months of 24. I'm already looking at trading mine in. These things lose value fast---not a wise investment. Do yourself a favor and LOOK ELSEWHERE! Poor design, NH. I've always been a NH fan, but I'll never own another NH tractor.

Pros: Comfortable ride.
Cons: Cheap built, lose value quicker than any other tractor of comparable hp/size.

4.00 star(s)
ksluy

Like a luxury truck.

I traded a 2009 Kubota M4070 for the New Holland. Nothing wrong with the Kubota i just wanted the buddy seat for my grand kids so i made the trade. The first thing I noticed with the New Holland was the Radial tires. When you add wait to the front end (round Bale) or whatever. The front tires go flat. I checked the tire pressure its good but the tires still will not hold the wait. I always feel like I am going to roll the front tires off the bead. Now there is also a bounce that you get from the radial tires. This tractor will run 25mph thats great but it may bounce you off the road. Now this is a luxury tractor all the options work great. Radio, Shuttle, Air Seat, Dash heat and AC that will run you out at 0 or 90, The hydraulics are slow when you are loading or unloading round bails it will slow you down. The Kubota was faster and my new John Deere 5085e is lightning fast. O ya i just traded it for a New John Deere 5085e I think the New Holland is a good tractor not a great tractor. I had one visit to the shop. The hydraulic line that goes in front of the radiator came off. It shot hydraulic oil all over the engine and out the top of the hood. 7.5 gal in about one minute I always change my own oil but the filter on this tractor makes it a job you will not look forward to. I know they say you can go 500hrs i just can't go that long. I like to change my oil every year and i only put about 100hrs a year.

Pros: Cab options are great.
Cons: Radial tires, good for your truck bad on a tractor.

Photo Uploads:

1.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

New Holland T4 PowerStar 75cv
Model Year: 2014

Tractor are very unstable and dangerous! In width of 1.5M. The New Holland service don't find solution. And the power of lifting are too low for my tools. Very unsatisfied and poor quality service. My tractor have 4 month and i can't use this!

Pros: No
Cons: Unstable, Dangerous, Poor Quality Service

4.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

Crummy parking brake design and quality below average
Model Year: 0

The parking brake stinks. Layout of the cab is good but the armrest are to close to the seat and are not a comfortable natural position for your arm. speaker covers have both fell off. No screws or snaps just glued on to the headliner. Step should have a brace at the bottom that runs over to the fuel tank bracket to keep step from becoming springy. Not enough rear weight on tractor. several repairs.

Pros: plenty of power, good layout of cab, plenty of lights for use at night
Cons: PARKING BRAKE and quality

5.00 star(s)
Wayne Clagg

Nice Tractor
Model Year: 2015

After much soul searching and shopping for over a year, I decided on the Powerstar. This tractor had everything I was looking for in a tractor and the price was right. It came with a self leveling loader, 12x12 transmission, power shuttle, outside lift arm control, bale spear, set of forks, 84" bucket, electric 4 wheel drive, and a vision view cab with deluxe air ride seat. I liked the controls setup, cab design, color, the ease of steering, shifting, and really just everything about the tractor. I originally did not want a tractor this large, but after looking at 60 horse power tractors on the compact tractor frame, I decided to take a look at the next step up and I'm so glad I did. I bought this tractor for $8 to 10,000 less than the compact I nearly bought and it is a much more comfortable, capable, and easier to use tractor.

Pros: Quiet, fuel efficient, comfortable, hydraulic brakes, great visibility, easy to operate
Cons: The only thing I can nitpick is you have to shift slowly on the main or the gears will grind.

Photo Uploads:

[ad placeholder]

New Holland POWERSTART475 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner New Holland POWERSTART475s

New Holland POWERSTART475 Community Rankings

#336 user rating of 1508 50-100 HP Tractors items
#202 Viewed of 1508 50-100 HP Tractors items
#2 discussed of 1508 50-100 HP Tractors items
#2178 user rating of 27027 items overall
#1446 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall