J.J. Rear Remote Hyd. Return Line ??

/ J.J. Rear Remote Hyd. Return Line ?? #1  

L3450

Bronze Member
Tractor
1992 Kubota L3450
Looking at installing a set of rear remotes on my Kubota L3450 to operate the hyd. chute cylinder on a recently purchased (used) snowblower . Have been searching the forum and think that I understand most of the plumbing needed but could still use some advice .
My tractor has the square hyd. block & fel with PB and if what i've been reading has soaked into my hard head I believe the setup goes like this.....................

Hyd. Line from PB port on loader valve to new single spool valve "In Port"

Hyd. lines from Work Ports to cyl. on snowblower &

Hyd line from Out Port on new valve to ?????

All that said with the Hyd. block on my tractor the 3ph has flow in and out via steel lines on tractor , so my question is ..........

" Can (or should) I run the return line from the new spool valve back to the hyd. block and Tee into the hyd. tank return there" ?? :confused2:

/ J.J. Rear Remote Hyd. Return Line ?? #2  
Where does the PB from the loader go now?

All valves should be in series.

The remote valve should be installed after the hyd block and before the 3pt.

The remote valve should have PB to connect to the 3pt. All OUT ports can tee together.

/ J.J. Rear Remote Hyd. Return Line ?? #3  
Think of an open center hydraulic system for what it is - a big loop. The hydraulic fluid goes through the pump and the loop constantly. When you activate a valve, the valve redirects the flow to the cylinder or other load, partially or fully blocking the flow from continuing to the next valve own the line.

You could do the same with a water pump and a garden hose. Loop the hose from the "out" back to the "in" and fill it with water, and you have an open center hydraulic system! Now add a tee valve to the hose - you now have a work port! :)

As JJ said, for each power beyond valve the connection is in series with this flow - in on the first valve to the hydraulic, power beyond to the "in" on the next valve.

The drain ports/case drains/etc are lower pressure, low-resistance fluid returns and can all connect to the same place, though if you try and operate something with a large drain requirement you might need to go directly to the tank - the drain connection on the hydraulic block is quite small.

Once you understand what all the terms/etc mean these systems are simple and easy to work with :)

/ J.J. Rear Remote Hyd. Return Line ??

The remote valve should have PB to connect to the 3pt. All OUT ports can tee together.

PB from Loader valve is plugged / not used

Loader valve is fed from and returns to the aluminum hyd. block

I'm not sure how to reference a thread but " Hydraulic winch installation Kubota L2950 " by cytafex shows a diagram of the hyd. block and the line feeding the 3 ph .

3ph is fed via steel line from hyd. block and honestly I've not sorted out how / where it returns.

Last edited:
3K001079.png

in this picture

number 130 is the pressure / feed line

number 060 is the return pipe

231855d1317503976-hydraulic-winch-installation-kubota-l2950-hydraulic_block_diagram.jpg

JJ or ishiboo

based on the pictures would I be able to feed a new valve from the loader PB port and run a return line from the new valve back to the hyd. block / Tee'ing the loader out port (hose) with the out port (hose) from the new valve with the Tee installed in the Hyd. Block where the loader valve is currently connected to the Hyd. Block ?

/ J.J. Rear Remote Hyd. Return Line ?? #8  
Look at your parts manual and look for the aux. remote valves near the end of the list. Check with your dealer and see if he can order 99063-93300, if so that well give you a way to hook a set of remotes. It goes right under your seat and you well save a lot of $$$$ in hose.

/ J.J. Rear Remote Hyd. Return Line ?? #9  
There might he a chance you can make it, I have made 2, one side has to be good and flat.

/ J.J. Rear Remote Hyd. Return Line ?? #10  
Something is not right about the way your FEL is plumbed.

This should be the path for your series flow.

Pump to hyd block, to FEL and FEL PB OUT back to hyd block, FEL OUT port to any return line, PB from hyd block to remote valve, remote valve PB out to 3pt, then to tank to tank.