Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,401  
Does the inline connector have a "lock" for the trailer's plug so it can't jiggle loose? Like the spring-loaded lid does on most vehicle receptacles? Also, tman, what is the make of your truck? Is the screen big enough and bright enough? Would you buy it again? Thanks.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean about jiggle loose like the spring-loaded lid. It doesn't replace any of that it's just a plug-in to your existing equipment. You unplug the back of your round trailer plug in and this plugs in there and and there is a spot on this that you replug the wiring into. It's like a T. It did seem to stay fastened without a problem and I have not had a problem yet but I suppose it could wiggle loose with time. But I don't for see that to be a big problem but probably something to keep an eye on.

My truck is a 2006 Ford F1 50 extended cab 6 1/2 foot bed. The screen is a little bit small but Big enough. Haven't noticed any problems with the brightness. The camera is adjustable and so are the sensors so you can set it up exactly the way you want it. It also has audio which is nice if you're using it for snowplowing or something like that it will alarm you if you're getting too close to something. I normally keep that off or really low because it starts to beep as I get close to a trailer or if I'm backing up with the trailer connected. I would absolutely buy this again in a heartbeat worth every penny. The only thing I would change about it is that I would like to have the option so I could turn it on manually instead of just when it's in reverse. That seems like it would be handy but not a deal breaker. One of the nicest upgrades I've done. very handy

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,402  
Hauled my Dodge to the repair shop yesterday afternoon. I think the Cummins cracked or blew out an injector since it filled the crankcase full of fuel. It was a bit more tongue weight than I like, but I sure wasn't going to back it on. And no, it's not chained down yet in the pic.
IMG_1344.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,403  
Hauled my Dodge to the repair shop yesterday afternoon. I think the Cummins cracked or blew out an injector since it filled the crankcase full of fuel. It was a bit more tongue weight than I like, but I sure wasn't going to back it on. And no, it's not chained down yet in the pic.
View attachment 468159

I hope that repair goes well for you, and it isn't too spendy..... that looks like a truck you want back working ASAP.

Rgds, D.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,404  
I hope that repair goes well for you, and it isn't too spendy..... that looks like a truck you want back working ASAP.

Rgds, D.

Thanks Dave. It's my rolling tool shop / fuel station and set up just the way I need it, so I hope it's back soon. The old F350 has lost a bit of compression in the last 320k and doesn't feel quite as strong as she used to. I don't want to be pulling the SVL90 around with her too awful much and abusing the old gal.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,405  
Good thing you have that other truck.
Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,406  
Got the B&W Turnover Gooseneck hitch install along with Line-X bedliner and step bars for the kids (also line-x'ed). Not sold on the step bars but the B&W is really top class.

IMG_20160513_150534700_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160513_150545756_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160513_150558105_HDR.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,407  
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #2,408  
2015 RAM 2500 4x4 Big Horn. 6" lift, 22" rims wrapped in 37x13.5 rubber, Hellwig rear assist airbags. JP 30' gooseneck. uploadfromtaptalk1463275084352.jpguploadfromtaptalk1463275133216.jpguploadfromtaptalk1463275215221.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,409  
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #2,410  
Not a person for big rims but those look nice. Everyone says a lifted truck ain't no good
Thank you farm boy00. I pull with it on a regular basis. I choose the larger rims to help keep from having too much sidewall. I also run loaded rated E 10 ply tires. It pulls great. I have air bags that are mounted outside of the rear springs. They help to stabilize and level everything out.