Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,391  
Awesome, thanks!

image-4188851068.jpg

Yes that's it this is the exact one that I used. Very easy to install but just as a note to keep in mind: I have a extended cab 6 1/2 foot bed truck and I had enough wire with the kit to run to the left side of my dashboard. If I had a longer vehicle or wanted to go to the middle of the dashboard I would not of had enough wire and would've had to purchase the wire extension that they offer.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,392  
Bought my first new truck yesterday!

View attachment 466944

Here's a link to my TBN-assisted thought process: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/trailers-transportation/356554-questions-2016-f250.html

I replaced a 2003 F250 with frame rot .

This is a 2016 F250 XLT, 4x4, Crewcab, shortbed, SRW. Had to search to find one with the bigger 4.30 electronic locking rear axle.

Rated for 12.5k at the bumper and 15.1k with Goose or 5th wheel.

It has adjustable pedals, backup assist, snow plow prep pkg, and the XLT value pkg. I put new BFG KO2 A/T 18" tires on it. Line-x basic bedliner, B&W turnover Gooseneck hitch, and line-x'ed 3 hoop-step rails are going on in a couple weeks.

I want a wireless magnet backup camera for bumper-pull hook-ups if anyone has a recommendation.

Haven't towed with it yet. Probably next weekend.

View attachment 466945

The built-in trailer break controller (with computer managed sway control) can be pre-programmed/customized for each trailer. It even keeps track of miles for each trailer (handy for trailer maintenance I think).
View attachment 466946

Truck technology has come a long way since 2003.
View attachment 466947

Nice truck! -- and I learned a couple things from your post. 1) I didn't know that you could get the 4.30 gear ratio with a SRW truck other than a chassis build. I didn't need it but I always thought 3.73 was the top for that configuration. And 2) Didn't realize that you can track your trailer mileage, I'll have to get the manual out and see how to do that.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,393  
View attachment 467895

Yes that's it this is the exact one that I used. Very easy to install but just as a note to keep in mind: I have a extended cab 6 1/2 foot bed truck and I had enough wire with the kit to run to the left side of my dashboard. If I had a longer vehicle or wanted to go to the middle of the dashboard I would not of had enough wire and would've had to purchase the wire extension that they offer.

Does the inline connector have a "lock" for the trailer's plug so it can't jiggle loose? Like the spring-loaded lid does on most vehicle receptacles?

Also, tman, what is the make of your truck? Is the screen big enough and bright enough? Would you buy it again? Thanks.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,394  
Nice truck! -- and I learned a couple things from your post. 1) I didn't know that you could get the 4.30 gear ratio with a SRW truck other than a chassis build. I didn't need it but I always thought 3.73 was the top for that configuration. And 2) Didn't realize that you can track your trailer mileage, I'll have to get the manual out and see how to do that.

Thanks! Not positive I needed the 4.30s either but everyone on here really recommend it. :confused3:

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,395  
image-1402026441.jpg

2014 F150 5.0
Kubota B2650 with Woods BBX48
Hughes 18' trailer

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,396  
hauled a IH 444 for a friend

001 (14).JPG

002 (12).JPG

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,397  
Nice Terry. Like it was ment to be.... IH T444E engine in the truck, IH mdl 444 tractor on the trailer... coincidence? No way... *grin*

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,398  
image-3684811446.jpg

NOT MINE!!!

Saw this at the dealer today as I was killing some time.... Sweet rig!!!

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,399  
image-1996232564.jpg

NOT MINE!!!

A couple hours later, I saw this sweet right actually in action !!! Just to cool

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,400  
This is my modest rig, 7k trailer w/brakes and Tekonsha controller.

Attachments

• 14626515004350.jpg
    14626515004350.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 344