Clean light bar on ROPS?

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #11  
   / Clean light bar on ROPS? #12  
I dont think a small hole in the flat would hurt. Something like 1/4 or 3/8 but would not drill anything like a 1/2.

/ Clean light bar on ROPS?
I'm personally avoiding any modification to the ROPS. By drilling into it, I'm 99.9% sure that Kubota is not liable for any injuries if the ROPS fails because it has now been modified.

Will a small hole make a difference in strength? I don't think so. Is Kubota legally off the hook? Yes.

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #14  
I made brackets to use existing holes to mount to ROPS. Actually on the front I attached to my canopy frame. Prior to getting the canopy, I had planned on mounting both forward and rearward light bars to the same mounting plate that I currently use for the rearward facing bar. Overview on my YouTube channel.

John Deere 4066R LED Light Bar Installation - YouTube

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #16  
Ive got a bar awaiting mounting on the ROPS. I'd planned on mounting it on the bottom side and just using stainless hose clamps for the mounting.

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #17  
For those of you who have mounted a light bar on the roll bar does it blind you when looking backwards?

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #18  
For those of you who have mounted a light bar on the roll bar does it blind you when looking backwards?
Not for me... on my BX I mounted two facing fwd and two to the rear. They are above and slightly behind my head so I don't really see them looking back. But I do usually have a baseball cap on that likely blocks any glare or stray light.

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #19  
I'm personally avoiding any modification to the ROPS. By drilling into it, I'm 99.9% sure that Kubota is not liable for any injuries if the ROPS fails because it has now been modified.

Will a small hole make a difference in strength? I don't think so. Is Kubota legally off the hook? Yes.

Make sure you always wear your seatbelt as well, Kubota would be off the hook legally if you are found not wearing the seatbelt.

A small hole was drilled into my rops for light mounting and wasn’t concerned about a tiny hole weakening the structure at all.

In addition, ROPS only “works” if wearing a seatbelt. If you don’t wear the belt, you may as well remove the ROPS, but it’s useful for mounting the lights on so May as well keep it installed.

Last edited:
   / Clean light bar on ROPS? #20  
Ive got a bar awaiting mounting on the ROPS. I'd planned on mounting it on the bottom side and just using stainless hose clamps for the mounting.

That's what I did. It was designed for an automobile (long mounting bolts) so I cut a steel bar, drilled the holes, bolted it on with the provided locking nuts (at a guestimated 'down' angle)and cut the excess bolt away. Next, a thick piece of rubber matting between the bar/nuts and the underside of the ROPS. The rubber matting eliminated vibration.

I used tie-wraps (zip-ties?) to position it and then secured the whole thing with a couple of stainless hose clamps. I cushioned the clamps on the ROPS using a cut-up foam-neoprene 'stubbie holder' (koozie?).

Wire was run down the back edge of the ROPS.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 721