Oil & Fuel Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #81  
Bicycles on public roads should be banned. They pay nothing and think they’re entitled to riding in the middle of the road at 10 mph.

Maybe PoPo should add points to your license for each one you take out! Here, we have a bicycle race every summer called "The Firecracker 400". All this is on 2 lane roads, with some having no shoulders. Very dangerous for everyone. I just stay home on race days.

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #82  
Maybe PoPo should add points to your license for each one you take out! Here, we have a bicycle race every summer called "The Firecracker 400". All this is on 2 lane roads, with some having no shoulders. Very dangerous for everyone. I just stay home on race days.
We have a three day benefit bike ride for the American Lung Association, with a couple of thousand riders pedaling 180 miles. (Ending in Broken Track's town) The route isn't anyplace that I frequent, but it's all secondary roads.

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #83  
Bicycles on public roads should be banned. They pay nothing and think theyæ±*e entitled to riding in the middle of the road at 10 mph.
I don't know about banned, but they should be licensed if ridden on public roads just like all other vehicles, farm tractors excluded. So that we can identify them and report their bad behavior the same as any other hazardous driver on the road. ;)

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #84  
Howdy,
Way to many internet rumors flying around.

A fuel depot terminal with a 1,000,000 gallon tank with 15ppm ULSD pumps 8,000 gallons into a tanker truck. The tanker truck takes it back to its own company distribution tanks. A delivery truck fills up with 3,000 gallons. That truck is going out to delivery... heating fuel oil, off-road fuel tanks. They add a red dye to show the product is not road taxed. (People from Washington do not need to make comments about tax)

By today, May 2018, all diesel fuel being sold in public consumption is 15ppm ULSD.

HHO = home heating oil = can be different. If there was some kind of kerosene that dropped to 20 cents a gallon, then a separate tank would be dyed and delivered for home heating.

15ppm ULSD needs to meet certain specs. It has lubricity modifiers, low smoke additives, etc...

HHO does not need these things. It could have a higher amount of kerosene etc..

The fuel terminal would have to keep separate stock of many flavors. It was found to be easier to keep 1 product and add the red dye for final delivery use.

Original topic.
Off-road diesel is just that. Off-road vehicles. Tractors.

Around here the D.O.T. inspectors will do checks around livestock sale barns.

Come on now, people from Washington need not comment on taxes? LOL Why... we specialize in taxing everything that moves, dies, is dead, can be used, can't be used, creates jobs, kills jobs etc. We basically are run by the taxing gods so we should know a few things about taxes here. :) ****, they even tax the rain here! AND as everyone knows, it's rains a bit so the state and local coffers are pretty flush with cash. Well, at least they were until some pet projects needed to be funded.

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #85  
Most bike riders pay tax and license on their car and fuel, that they aren't using when you see them riding.

:)

Bruce

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #86  
Bicycles on public roads should be banned. They pay nothing and think theyæ±*e entitled to riding in the middle of the road at 10 mph.

Yeah! I totally agree.
But then the claim they do pay! Yeah retail tax on purchase of the bike.

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #87  
In Montreal a cyclist was killed because he rammed a car doing an illegal U turn.
OK. motorist was wrong, but then the cyclist was speeding at a high speed down hill (cool thrill). Under the rules of the road (cyclists included) you are to be in control at all times.
The result is that the mayor is shutting down that hill side road to cars so the ecological cyclists can race/speed at their hearts desire.
Please note that the speed limit is 30 MPH applicable to cars only.

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #88  
Yeah! I totally agree.
But then the claim they do pay! Yeah retail tax on purchase of the bike.

What blows me away are the number of young people that have absolutely no interest in cars or driving. No more rite of turning 16 and getting your Drivers License. Sad.

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #89  
Most bike riders pay tax and license on their car and fuel, that they aren't using when you see them riding.

:)

Bruce
Using that logic, why should I pay to license my trailer or second pickup? I've already paid for one vehicle and still will be paying fuel taxes when I run my Ranger.

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #90  
I wasn't making a logical point, only countering the statement that cyclists pay nothing toward the roads.

Bruce