What is the lowest CG / Widest Stance Tractor?

/ What is the lowest CG / Widest Stance Tractor? #41  
Just as a point of info, the 20 series Branson are 71 inches

/ What is the lowest CG / Widest Stance Tractor? #42  
Here's a photo of my 1964 MF135 diesel that's been lowered and equipped with 16" diameter rear rims and 18" wide tires. The front axle spindles were shortened to keep the tractor level. The axle height above ground is 16" and the track width is 84" to the outside rear tire walls. The squat ratio is 84/16=5.25.

You can do this modification to any tractor. If you're just mowing on hills, there's no problem with damaging the rear axles.

Attachments

• MF135 stump1 (1).JPG
    MF135 stump1 (1).JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 82
   / What is the lowest CG / Widest Stance Tractor? #43  
Here's a photo of my 1964 MF135 diesel that's been lowered and equipped with 16" diameter rear rims and 18" wide tires. The front axle spindles were shortened to keep the tractor level. The axle height above ground is 16" and the track width is 84" to the outside rear tire walls. The squat ratio is 84/16=5.25.

You can do this modification to any tractor. If you're just mowing on hills, there's no problem with damaging the rear axles.
Old tractos and big farm tractors can be made to look like crabs. The problem is finding new Compact 30-40 HP tractors that can handle a steep hill without risking Rolling over. ROPS are good to have but you really don't want to make use of it for the intended purpose.

/ What is the lowest CG / Widest Stance Tractor? #44  
Old tractos and big farm tractors can be made to look like crabs. The problem is finding new Compact 30-40 HP tractors that can handle a steep hill without risking Rolling over. ROPS are good to have but you really don't want to make use of it for the intended purpose.
Isodiametric tractors are made exactly to handle hills. Check out some brands like Antonio Carraro, Pasquali, Ferrari and BCS.

Alternatively, there is also the tracked tractors like the New Holland TK series, Landini Trekker series, Lamborghini CF series and some others, although those start at 65hp and up. Back in the day, there used to be tracked tractors with 20 HP all the way to 150 hp.

/ What is the lowest CG / Widest Stance Tractor? #45  
If you get a utility tractor like mine - it should have ag rims. Mine has MANY width setting, simply by how you "set" the rims.

My front tires are at a neutral setting. My rear tires are 80" wide and filled with RimGuard. It is still stable on slopes where I have no business being.

/ What is the lowest CG / Widest Stance Tractor? #46  
I have a 2001 Antonio Carraro TTR 3800 35 hp with flail mower for sale for a reasonable price in NY if anyone is looking for a wide/low tractor. It was great when I was on a hill farm, now I'm on river bottomland flats and larger acreage and don't need it.