How steep is too steep (and how do I know)?

/ How steep is too steep (and how do I know)? #41  
Thanks guys.
I have bitten the bullet and bought it.
1994 Tigre 48 with 1600 hours.
The PO had taken a deposit off a guy who had to pull out when his car broke down on the way home.
Unfortunately he then lost his deposit.
The PO doesn't know if he will be able to get the manuals back off him.

For the life of me I can't find any specs or manuals on the net for this old model.
I will call the local(ish) dealer tomorrow.
I want to know if he will pick up/service and deliver anyway.
It is only about 200 km away but via some of the best motorbike roads in the world.
Check out the Great Ocean Road.

I am really looking forward to getting some slashing done with this little bugger.
After the little rice paddy Yanny it feels really stable.
It will be up and down hills mainly I have plenty of level spts to turn around.
Just because it is more stable doesn't mean it won't roll on me.

Wombat

/ How steep is too steep (and how do I know)? #42  
Thanks guys.
I have bitten the bullet and bought it.
1994 Tigre 48 with 1600 hours.
The PO had taken a deposit off a guy who had to pull out when his car broke down on the way home.
Unfortunately he then lost his deposit.
The PO doesn't know if he will be able to get the manuals back off him.

For the life of me I can't find any specs or manuals on the net for this old model.
I will call the local(ish) dealer tomorrow.
I want to know if he will pick up/service and deliver anyway.
It is only about 200 km away but via some of the best motorbike roads in the world.
Check out the Great Ocean Road.

I am really looking forward to getting some slashing done with this little bugger.
After the little rice paddy Yanny it feels really stable.
It will be up and down hills mainly I have plenty of level spts to turn around.
Just because it is more stable doesn't mean it won't roll on me.

Wombat

Is that the same as a Supertigre 4800? I watched some YouTube videos a while back, neat looking tractor with a very unique sounding engine. Sounds like they have a ton of torque and flywheel.

Yeah, you won't find much written info on-line but I think a local dealer can get you anything you need from the factory. Best of luck with your new tractor.

/ How steep is too steep (and how do I know)? #43  
Very important when mowing on a side hill is as long as your mower attachment is on the ground in mowing position you can run pretty steep.to the point of crabbing because the rear of the tractor is sliding down the hill.At this point it would still be difficult to roll over but make sure you turn up the hill before lifting the mower .And make sure you don't run over rocks .Also make sure you have enough fuel in the tank to run at that angle for a while. Running out on a steep slope sucks

/ How steep is too steep (and how do I know)? #44  
Here’s another steep property I cut. Again, pictures never seem to quite convey how steep. When doing a pass down the hill, it feels like your knees are going through the windshield

1630147855147.png

/ How steep is too steep (and how do I know)? #45  
Here’s another steep property I cut. Again, pictures never seem to quite convey how steep. When doing a pass down the hill, it feels like your knees are going through the windshield

View attachment 711344

That’s a good picture.

Could be used in a horror movie - as you get to the crest of the hill the bad guy appears.

Ominous sky. Tree. House.

The hay looks absolutely perfect. Nice copper color.

MoKelly

/ How steep is too steep (and how do I know)? #46  
Here is one of my little nightmares. Hard to tell in the picture but this hill is every bit of 30 degrees. A lot of my mowing is in between 15 and 25 degrees. Lot's of pucker factor, jut got my tires filled and stance widened, so we will see how it goes.

PXL_20210828_153947694.jpg

/ How steep is too steep (and how do I know)? #47  

View attachment 711344
Man, that is a beautiful picture with the light and long shadows, grey sky. Much better than most office views, that's for sure.

/ How steep is too steep (and how do I know)? #48  
How do you know if it's too steep? With my finish mower I don't mind finding out. With my rough cut mower it a bit more dicey.

The finish mower runs on 4 crazy wheels with no weight on the tractor. If one rear tractor wheel lifts off you lift the three point to transfer weight onto the rear tires and keep going. I don't use the front wheel assist while mowing other than to get me out of trouble. The wider stance (6') and lower center of gravity of the mower keeps the tractor from tipping over.

The rough cut is only 5' so you don't really have the wider stance on your side. Still the lower center of gravity on the rough cut mower helps some. Just not as much as the finish mower so with the rough cut I take things considerably easier.

/ How steep is too steep (and how do I know)? #49  
Just for reference; this is a resurrected 11 YO thread, the OP is long gone. Yet at least two active members gave him good advice back then, as they are still doing.