Backhoe piston broke

/ Backhoe piston broke #11  
Replacement cylinder AND pin, for at least that side.

/ Backhoe piston broke #12  
Woods probably just buys the cheapest cylinders they can find.
Made in China!
With all the manufacturing supply problems this year, there are too many variables to speculate. Your presumption is of course one of the many possibilities. :unsure:

/ Backhoe piston broke #13  
With all the manufacturing supply problems this year, there are too many variables to speculate. Your presumption is of course one of the many possibilities. :unsure:
Yup....
Could have also been manufactured in Bangladesh.

/ Backhoe piston broke #14  
In general I've observed woods to be better than a northern tool/harbor freight production. Perhaps that's changed.
Certainly Woods does not manufacture their own hydraulic cylinders.

/ Backhoe piston broke #15  
I agree that the first step is to try and get woods to do a warranty replacement.

That would be my first call but it would probably be easier to just pay out of pocket and get back to work vs sitting around for 6 months hoping they fix it.

/ Backhoe piston broke
They will cover the warranty but the unknown is how it will take to get it. Woods doesn't have it, they are checking their manufacturer.

/ Backhoe piston broke #18  
They will cover the warranty but the unknown is how it will take to get it. Woods doesn't have it, they are checking their manufacturer.

I was afraid of that. Warranty claims have historically taken forever. Combined with the recent materials shortages and labor shortages my expectations weren’t high.

/ Backhoe piston broke #19  
Woods doesn't have it, they are checking their manufacturer.
Well, at least they're doing that. My dealer could only offer the full joystick rebuild kit that LS offered for $200+ instead of the individual ball joints I needed.

I did the legwork and found a source for the parts from the manufacturer's distributor and now my dealer is ordering spares from them to have in stock.

/ Backhoe piston broke #20  
Anyone run into this issue with a woods bh75? I am digging a trench for water and power lines and found a good sized rock. No way to lift it out so I dug a deeper hole behind it and when I went to push it back with the bucket I heard a bang and the dipper arm swung loose. Found the half of the eyelet in the hole, no sign of the grease fitting. It looks like really cheap pot metal.View attachment 713444View attachment 713445
Im guessing the pin is bowing significantly and that boss sees extremely high stress from the bore trying to make the pin stay perfectly straight. Stresses would be highest with a new and tight bore - like yours. How wide spaced are the BH ears in comparison to the width of the cyl rod pin boss?