Cost of pallet forks

/ Cost of pallet forks #31  
Got an email from Titan Attachments a few days ago saying their SSQA basic 48" fixed spacing forks are on sale for about $410 with free shipping. Sounds good.

/ Cost of pallet forks #32  
Got an email from Titan Attachments a few days ago saying their SSQA basic 48" fixed spacing forks are on sale for about $410 with free shipping. Sounds good.
Thanks for passing this along to the forum.
I have been looking for a set, I placed an order.

Mike

/ Cost of pallet forks #33  
Excellent price, right now...
My forks are adjustable, but I'll wager I rarely, if ever, move them

/ Cost of pallet forks #34  
Everybody's situation is different. My forks are adjustable also, and i move them a lot and sometimes have them not symmetrical.

/ Cost of pallet forks #35  
Everybody's situation is different. My forks are adjustable also, and i move them a lot and sometimes have them not symmetrical.
Same. I adjust mine every few times they are on. Full wide for max stability carrying posts, pipe or wide stuff. In the middle is the default for pallets & stuff. Narrow for rocks, potted live Christmas tree, bucket spade on the rare occasions I use it.

/ Cost of pallet forks #36  
I've said in here many times that pallet forks with a matching grapple will do anything that a dedicated grapple will do, and it will.

BUT you need "adjustable" pallet forks to make it happen.

SR

/ Cost of pallet forks #37  
I had a New Holland for 17 years with a pin on bucket and never had forks. We did a lot stuff by strapping things to that bucket. Bought the new Kubota in 2020 with the SSQA bucket and a hay spear. Love the ability to switch. Then finally last April I bought a set of SSQA from a 3rd party company. 4000# capacity for about $800. The spear goes on every couple of weeks to move a bale of hay. The bucket goes on about once a month to clean the barn. The rest of the time the forks are on the tractor. I don't know how we ever survived. Get the SSQA forks. You will have much more capacity. By the time you have the bucket on and then the forks. You will have very little capacity left for lift a load.

/ Cost of pallet forks #38  
Thanks for passing this along to the forum.
I have been looking for a set, I placed an order.

Mike
I did also. They are the bargain forks, but I'm on a budget and for what I do with forks, they will do fine. I actually like the hole in the end of the forks. When it becomes time to shuffle trailers, a 2" ball in one and a 2-5/8s in the other.

/ Cost of pallet forks #39  
Just got shipping info on the forks, expected delivery Monday.
That was quick!

Mike

/ Cost of pallet forks #40  
People usually mean Titan Attachments (Titan Attachments™ | Pallet Forks | Tractor Parts & Equipment (Free Shipping & Financing Available)). Comparing them to Harbor Freight wouldn't be to far off. Most of their gear comes from China. Adequate quality most of the time, good prices, usually good customer service. I expect the shipping & global supply chain issues to hit them harder than other companies. But as I noted previously I bought a 2nd pair of forks from them & would consider a 3rd pair if I ever needed another.

Would you consider their pallet-fork "add-a-grapple"? I got my forks from them, and they are fine but I was unsure of something with moving parts given their reputation. The forks were also "made in the USA", which I'm guessing the grapple is not. I suspect they are a knock-off of this offering by Precision Manufacturing. About 2/3 the price and available now (vs 3+ months from now).

I cuss myself every time I use a junky tool that doesn't quite work, but "now" and "cheap" have me wondering. I'd probably use them a couple of weeks a couple of times a year.

Thanks,