Whelp, for the first time in a hot minute I'm without a tractor...

/ Whelp, for the first time in a hot minute I'm without a tractor... #1  

tacticalturnip

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610HST
Well, my Deere sold Saturday for $16.9k, $900 more than I paid for it 3 years ago; this leaves me with no tractor, not even a lawn tractor, for the first time in a long time.

20220618_135225.jpg20220618_135243.jpg20220618_143658.jpg

While this makes way for a new, larger machine, it also felt like I was saying goodbye to a friend. She never failed to start, and seldom gave me any trouble. Just too small.

Now the time has come to make a new purchase, after all the time I've spent looking at options; funny enough I still haven't narrowed it down to one lol. I'm still stuck between the Branson 2515h and Kioti CK2610H, and after spending a little time on both today I'm nowhere closer to making a decision. 😂

The fact is that I like the both of them, so we will see what plays out over the next few days. That said, I wish the Branson came with R14's, as I'm not a fan of R4 tires. Of course, I would think many of my problems with R4's would be offset by the sheer weight of the 2515. I don't imagine that I'd spend much time spinning the wheels on either machine, but I saw the change in performance on my 1025R going from R4's to the hybrid tires. Again, I'm sure the weight difference negates a lot of that, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

/ Whelp, for the first time in a hot minute I'm without a tractor... #2  
Go Branson 2515, it lifts as my TYM T474 + on the front end.

/ Whelp, for the first time in a hot minute I'm without a tractor... #3  
I don't think you will go wrong with either one. Both have great engines, similar specs. Tough choice :)

/ Whelp, for the first time in a hot minute I'm without a tractor...
I don't think you will go wrong with either one. Both have great engines, similar specs. Tough choice :)

To make matters worse, I have a solid amount of trust in both dealerships; add to it the salesmen know one another and have nothing but good things to say about one another. 😂

/ Whelp, for the first time in a hot minute I'm without a tractor... #5  
To make matters worse, I have a solid amount of trust in both dealerships; add to it the salesmen know one another and have nothing but good things to say about one another. 😂
Somebody posted this a while back and it seems applicable to your situation. Flip a coin, with heads for Kioti and tails for Branson. Then without looking at it, think about which side you hope came up.
That’s the tractor to buy.

/ Whelp, for the first time in a hot minute I'm without a tractor... #6  
Simple solution buy one of each and then you can provide real life experience on both. Besides we love spending other peoples money 😁

/ Whelp, for the first time in a hot minute I'm without a tractor... #7  
Tough decision..... both top notch upgrades.

/ Whelp, for the first time in a hot minute I'm without a tractor... #8  
This makes you a winner. There are many that WISHED they could find a good dealer around them. And you might have two. It might make a decision difficult, but it sure lowers or eliminates the possibility of dealer problems. That is good news. If they are the same for your needs, check out the price (deal) to see if that helps make a decision. Good Luck.

/ Whelp, for the first time in a hot minute I'm without a tractor... #9  
this leaves me with no tractor, not even a lawn tractor

that can't be good ... hopefully temporary. All the best in the next tractor hunt :)

can you not just buy it with the tires that you prefer

Last edited: