Tilt cylinder on Top and Tilt leaking down with use

/ Tilt cylinder on Top and Tilt leaking down with use
On the simple side...you might check if there is any looseness in the valve spool lever...if the nut on the bottom of the spool is loose the return to center spring may not be keeping the spool closed entirely...
Would love to check this. Where can I find this to check? :)

/ Tilt cylinder on Top and Tilt leaking down with use #12  
If the lever feels loose at all...there is a cap on the bottom of the spool...remove the two screws and inspect...be aware it is a typical maintenance item to periodically inspect under the caps for rust etc as sometimes condensation will build up...some drill weep holes...
A severely rusted spring could be weak...and nuts do have a way of working themselves loose...
good luck...

If the lever feels loose at all...there is a cap on the bottom of the spool...remove the two screws and inspect...be aware it is a typical maintenance item to periodically inspect under the caps for rust etc as sometimes condensation will build up...some drill weep holes...
A severely rusted spring could be weak...and nuts do have a way of working themselves loose...
good luck...
Thanks for the info, will definitely check these out.

/ Tilt cylinder on Top and Tilt leaking down with use #14  
I had (have) a similar problem Bryan solved it with a valve. When I want to adjust the lift arm or run it in float, I open the valve. When I want it to stay at a particular length, I close the valve.
In my opinion, this is the best/easiest/most economical solution.

I had (have) a similar problem Bryan solved it with a valve. When I want to adjust the lift arm or run it in float, I open the valve. When I want it to stay at a particular length, I close the valve.
In my opinion, this is the best/easiest/most economical solution.
Very interesting, thanks. So basically, the standard rear remote valves Kubota uses just don't hold up to the weight and pressures of 3 pt implement use...

/ Tilt cylinder on Top and Tilt leaking down with use #16  
Very interesting, thanks. So basically, the standard rear remote valves Kubota uses just don't hold up to the weight and pressures of 3 pt implement use...
Yes, Kubota remote valves seem to have quite a bit of internal leakage. Lots of threads all over the internet about the same thing. The way I see it, it's way too much leakage and I don't even understand how they get away with it on a brand new overpriced tractor. Some people have even tried to file warranty claim but Kubota keeps refusing it.

Soon, there will be some fanboys trying to defend Kubota with all kinds of theories about internal leakage, but in the end, they just used some crappy valves and really need to step up their game on the remote valves to all least live up to the price they ask.

Last edited:
   / Tilt cylinder on Top and Tilt leaking down with use #17  
I haven't had any leak down issues with the remote valves on my L3200, but the valves used for the Grand L models have been problematic.

/ Tilt cylinder on Top and Tilt leaking down with use #18  
Most people that make use of the float feature with their T&T cylinders would not be without it, so there are other work arounds.
I guess I've never thought of needing it. I sure don't with my blade. I use the T&T to set the angles. I also use it to correct the angle on my flail mower. Not to mention operating a boom. I don't want those angles to change unless I'm ready to change them. I have all the "float" I need in my 3PH.

/ Tilt cylinder on Top and Tilt leaking down with use #19  
My valves leaked down so I added this ball valve right at the valve so I can easily turn it on and off, got it at the local hydraulics place for about $5. I open it when I need to use the valve, close it when I'm mowing or using an implement.

valve.jpg

Yes, Kubota remote valves seem to have quite a bit of internal leakage. Lots of threads all over the internet about the same thing. The way I see it, it's way too much leakage and I don't even understand how they get away with it on a brand new overpriced tractor. Some people have even tried to file warranty claim but Kubota keeps refusing it.

Soon, there will be some fanboys trying to defend Kubota with all kinds of theories about internal leakage, but in the end, they just used some crappy valves and really need to step up their game on the remote valves to all least live up to the price they ask.

I haven't had any leak down issues with the remote valves on my L3200, but the valves used for the Grand L models have been problematic.
Wow good to know. I was having trouble finding anything exactly relevant so thanks for the info. Really appreciate the nice "upgrade" as a Grand L owner :D

I freakin' love all my Kubota products, but I definitely won't defend poor design or implementation decisions! I guess it's on to the resigned work-around phase of life with this particular problem.