Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,621  
Where exactly is Gun Point? I can’t find it on any map. “He was held at Gun Point …..”.
Same here...and...she was shot in the fracas and the bullet is in her yet! Can't locate the fracas or the yet.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,622  
Gun Point was right about 20' behind the red X. Used to be a Dairy Queen. My wife and I met while we both were working there in high school. I was not working there yet when the incident happened. I was just getting DQ with a friend.

7BBE9432-5779-4D62-8B9E-96941FC88E05.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,623  
I would think a police officer stopping a car with dark tinted windows would terrificing. No way I could get up the courage to tap on the driver’s window on a dark night. Brrr.
Lost s very good local officer that way and I mean very good in every way... car stopped was felon on the run.

Officer coached little league, active in community, known to give warnings and known to change a tire and buy a person a sandwich or cup of coffee...

A split second and you don't even see it coming... car driving with no lights was last radio call.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #1,624  

Tell us something we don’t know.​

In 1936 a teenager in Tanzania named Erasto Mpemba JOLTED the physics world. His revelation is still making waves 60 years later.
He gave the world proof of a strange and counterintuitive idea: that a hot liquid may freeze faster than a cold one; the eponymous Mpemba effect.

Over the years a few people have told me that hot water makes ice cubes faster than cold. Not one could say why. I tend not to take things at face value when the speaker can't articulate the mechanics underlying their assertions.

I have boiled water for ice cubes and it does make for beautiful clear ice with no air bubbles because boiling drives entrained gasses out.
That exclusion of entrained gasses may be at the heart of the Mpemba effect. The gas molecules being insulators may slow thermal transfer.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,625  
Carbonara was also invented by American GIs in Italy during WWII. :)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,626  
Have you ever heard a Jassackaphone?

Bruce

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,627  
One of those "points" may be where the lighthouse in the song is located.

"Jose, can you see, by the Donzerly Light..."

Bruce

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,628  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #1,629  
In 1936 a teenager in Tanzania named Erasto Mpemba JOLTED the physics world. His revelation is still making waves 60 years later.
He gave the world proof of a strange and counterintuitive idea: that a hot liquid may freeze faster than a cold one; the eponymous Mpemba effect.

Over the years a few people have told me that hot water makes ice cubes faster than cold. Not one could say why. I tend not to take things at face value when the speaker can't articulate the mechanics underlying their assertions.

I have boiled water for ice cubes and it does make for beautiful clear ice with no air bubbles because boiling drives entrained gasses out.
That exclusion of entrained gasses may be at the heart of the Mpemba effect. The gas molecules being insulators may slow thermal transfer.

Freezing hot water faster than cold is possibler but only under very technical laboratory conditions. You'll never do it in your kitchen.