Infested with UTVs?

/ Infested with UTVs? #41  
Im usually riding over 10 miles from the nearest permanent residence, I can count on one hand how many times I've ran into other riders. More frequently I have seen out of area city folks drive a freaking Prius down the middle, bottoming out on semi established trails to sight see. You think they would let me pass, nope. I think ATVs and snowmobiles start to get a bad rap cause owners start doing mods that make them louder like aftermarket exhaust which are in most areas illegal over a certain decibel, I also think some owners believe because they have 4wd with a winch and dif lok they can go anywhere, or they get so frustrated with someone driving a Prius type car on trails so they deservedly get a middle finger and dust storm . But hey they have a coexist bumper sticker and are wearing Birkenstocks, are social media gurus and have a dash cam. So ATV riders are the bad ones. I'll always help a stranded broken down ATV or snowmobiler second thoughts on a arrogant, ignorant, imho, non Leatherman wearing treehugger in a Prius. I remember a few years back my friends and I helped a guy get out of a two track with his 4x4 jeep grand Cherokee in the winter. Was he grateful I guess he offered us slightly used water bottles when we get him in firmer ground lol. Then had the arrogance to ask what we doing riding out here vs groomed marked snowmobile trails. A simple thank you would have been nice not a accusation or backwash filled water bottles. I left him with advice to carry on your way and call a recovery company next time to get you out.
Pretty soon you'll have a bad attitude, like me. I quit being nice once a group of citidiots trashed my wildlife pond and surrounding area. Never had problem with folk taking a run through there but the spend hours destroying it to where it would no hold water and over an acre of grass land was wiped out.
Fenced the whole place and put horned cattle on it now. Rebuild the pond better and bigger. The bull does a nice job keeping them at bay. He thinks every ATV brings food so comes a running.....

/ Infested with UTVs? #43  
A ATV/ snowmobile training course is good to have for anyone in my opinion and should be included free of charge to anyone purchasing weather you use it or not is up to you. Most folks won't like this suggestion but stiffer fines will help along with posting no tresspassing and gates, and manufacturers/ dealers offering more comprehensive advice on where one can and cannot ride. Including established trails and local ordinances etc. It could however mean a drop in sales, but these things are getting very pricey and I think imo some folks buy these things with the expectation they are allowed to ride anywhere they want at the price they just paid. I feel my ideas will help educate the ignorant maybe not the arrogant like me occasionally.

/ Infested with UTVs? #44  
He's in the news a lot.

Bruce
I've not met him. But my large farmer friend knows him. He's buying the property to use for a hunting season lodge. He leases hunting land in various parts of the County.

I'd be happy if it was DT. We'd get along fine.

/ Infested with UTVs? #45  
I've not met him. But my large farmer friend knows him. He's buying the property to use for a hunting season lodge. He leases hunting land in various parts of the County.

I'd be happy if it was DT. We'd get along fine.
Careful what you wish for. Neighbors with lots of money and influence that don't like something your doing on your own property have the means to make life on your own property a living he🏒🏒 in my limited experiences.

/ Infested with UTVs? #46  
Careful what you wish for. Neighbors with lots of money and influence that don't like something your doing on your own property have the means to make life on your own property a living he🏒🏒 in my limited experiences.
I agree. The property is grossly overpriced. If anywhere near a reasonable price my boys would have bought it. But can't blame the widow for getting all she can get.

/ Infested with UTVs? #47  
Stopped a kid that was doing donuts on my just planted garden couple years ago. Took his keys and told him to walk home and get his parents.
Residential area couple miles away.
Didn't they have a s..t fit about their little man having to walk home and that I stole his machine.
Called the cops and everything.
Cop glossed it over.
I lost about $400 of plants and seeds.
At least junior had a good time.

Major question was, "what do you care, you've got lots of land?"
My response, "how would you like it if i came and plowed up your yard with my tractor and planted crops? You have a big yard"

/ Infested with UTVs? #48  
Stopped a kid that was doing donuts on my just planted garden couple years ago. Took his keys and told him to walk home and get his parents.
Residential area couple miles away.
Didn't they have a s..t fit about their little man having to walk home and that I stole his machine.
Called the cops and everything.
Cop glossed it over.
I lost about $400 of plants and seeds.
At least junior had a good time.

Major question was, "what do you care, you've got lots of land?"
My response, "how would you like it if i came and plowed up your yard with my tractor and planted crops? You have a big yard"
wow... the arrogance and entitlement from these parent is what is wrong in today society no wonder kids have no manners.

/ Infested with UTVs? #49  
wow... the arrogance and entitlement from these parent is what is wrong in today society no wonder kids have no manners.

And this shows another way to look at this:

Respectful people are respectful, whether they ride UTV's or not.

Rude people are rude, whether they ride UTV's or not.

The guys in the UTV's who are respectful, quiet, and careful not to do damage are the same guys who would never litter and always return their carts at the store.

Rude people on their UTV's are rude in other aspects of life as well. They are the ones who ruin things for everybody.

Last edited:
   / Infested with UTVs? #50  
The Hardley philosophy is, the louder they are, the faster they go. Just the opposite is true, but you cannot convince a Hardley rider of that. Why a lot of communiteis around here have enacted noise ordinances and bought DB meters.. Loud pipes save lives is BS. Loud pipes here get you a ticket and a healthy fine.
I am not a motorcycle owner or rider. Two years ago bought my wife a VW dune buggy street legal and titled and tags. It had straight pipes which I did not like at all. It sits low like a sports car and a very good friend said do not remove the pipes (i did have some baffling installed that reduced it by say 40%). He said when you are driving something hard for people to see, be sure they can hear you. That is why most motorcycle riders run pipes. Makes sense to me, been more tolerant of the cycle dudes since then. But still don't like the noise. Oh, the VW dune buggy with straight pipes was as loud or louder than any Harley I have ever heard. BTW, it is for sale.