Propane prices..

/ Propane prices.. #41  
$2.79 here in N.Georgia for our fall delivery, about 400 gallons.

Haven't re-filled a cylinder at TSC since the summer, but last when I did, it was $3.29, IIRC.

/ Propane prices.. #42  
I keep some small tanks (100, 40, 33 and 20 pound tanks) for shop use,,
such as a mini forge, a couple infrared heaters,,

No home delivery would fill the tanks smaller than 100 pound, the smaller ones have a different fitting.
I took the tanks to a local ACE hardware I got 59 gallons for $3.29 per gallon.

When I got home, I did a back calculation comparing my purchase to the "BLUE RHINO" pre-filled tanks.

My final cost was exactly 1/2 the cost of buying pre-filled BLUE RHINO tanks.
PLUS,, since BLUE RHINO puts so little in each tank, I would need to move 17 tanks
(some Blue Rhino resellers even charge more than what I calculated with)

I thought it was bad enough getting 7 tanks to fit in my truck,
let alone having to pay BLUE RHINO $388 for that much propane!!
Blue Rhino, Ameri gas, etc all charge a premium for convenience. Look closely at the labels and see they don’t fill to 20 lb capacity either. Something screwy going on with Ace here too.

Any mobile home/rv parks/marinas nearby? Check their per gallon price, you may be pleasantly surpised.

/ Propane prices.. #43  
The tank swap guys fill 15 pounds.

Their advantage is one can swap a tank in need of inspection for one that has time remaining for less than the cost of an inspection plus 15 pounds.

/ Propane prices.. #44  
Some months ago a new propane company moved into the area and began soliciting customers. I told them I'd change to them...if the tank they put in my yard was equipped with a wet line and the necessary hose/fittings so I could fill my own smaller tanks. They readily agreed and since then I've not had to put up with the high priced refills/exchanges...or worrying about whether my tanks were recently hydro tested. A couple weeks ago they came around and topped off my big tank @ $2.32 a gallon which is cheap for around here.

/ Propane prices.. #45  
Some months ago a new propane company moved into the area and began soliciting customers. I told them I'd change to them...if the tank they put in my yard was equipped with a wet line and the necessary hose/fittings so I could fill my own smaller tanks. They readily agreed and since then I've not had to put up with the high priced refills/exchanges...or worrying about whether my tanks were recently hydro tested. A couple weeks ago they came around and topped off my big tank @ $2.32 a gallon which is cheap for around here.
wet line with a pump or just a pressure line off the top of tank?

/ Propane prices.. #46  
My pre-buy for the season (contract paid in August) was $1.65 this year. Down from $2.10 last year but still higher than prior years. Wish I could get a connection on our tank to fill my own 20# cylinders. My company won't do that.

/ Propane prices.. #47  
Wish I could get a connection on our tank to fill my own 20# cylinders. My company won't do that.
I can't blame them. Imagine the liability...

/ Propane prices.. #48  
I can't blame them. Imagine the liability...
Why? Filling tanks isn't rocket science. If your average 17 yo at the local gas station can be trained to do it I'm sure normal homeowners can too. Obviously some companies offer that setup (see deserteagle71's post above). Not everyone is paralyzed by liability worries.

/ Propane prices.. #49  
Why? Filling tanks isn't rocket science. If your average 17 yo at the local gas station can be trained to do it I'm sure normal homeowners can too. Obviously some companies offer that setup (see deserteagle71's post above). Not everyone is paralyzed by liability worries.
I bet the homeowners insurance company wouldn't like it...

/ Propane prices.. #50  
My pre-buy for the season (contract paid in August) was $1.65 this year. Down from $2.10 last year but still higher than prior years. Wish I could get a connection on our tank to fill my own 20# cylinders. My company won't do that.
Who owns the tank, you or the supplier?