1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #21  
Well, for starters TBN takes up two or more hours of my time every day.

During the couse of years I can recall haveing constant differences of opinion with one fellow. We now communicate on a personal level. Turns out he's a whole lot swifter than me and I was always on the losing end so capitulation was inevitable.

In another instance one fellow sent me some free T shirts and caps. He even refused renumeration for postage.

Another fellow has offered a Black Angus steak given several hours notice.

There is another fellow with whom I communicate regulary and get advice from.

There was another offer that involved a vist to the midwest.

I just enjoy reading about the problems and the odd time being able to make a contributing comment.

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #22  
TBN has been a wonderful, sharing resource for me on my gradual knowledge increase in all things tractor and diesel related. It is a valuable resource for information on tractor purchases (both newbies and upgraders) as well as all of those other "things" that just seem to have a way of finding their way into your life after you discover the "joys of tractoring". I continually amazed at the breadth of knowledge--and willingness to share, that I see on TBN. Keep up the good work!

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #23  
AndyM said:
Guessing the date and time was the contest for the 500,000th post.
For the 1,000,000th post, you are supposed to write about what TBN means to you.
Don't want to upset AndyM, so ... what does TBN mean to me?

It's a forum where I have been able to help out many users by pointing them in the right direction or provide insight in a wide variety of topics. I guess the saying, "It's better to give than receive" is true.

(Bumper sticker not needed)

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #24  
I've been around here reading for about 6 years and post for over 5.

What finally got me to join? A discussion over rabbit water bottles freezing.:D

When I was "reading" I had no idea what I wanted. I just knew I needed a tractor because my Dad's '65 Sears Suburban wasn't going to make it much longer. Started reading here and was convinced that I needed/wanted a Kubota B7510. Then I found out about the rear-discharge MMM on the New Hollands. When it came to drive both, I fell in love with the New Holland. I couldn't be happier with my tractor purchase.

Through out the years I've had a lot of great conversations. Met a few awesome people including the Inspector (BTW Inspector thanks again for the rocks - Monica was out a few days ago cleaning the algae off of some of them along the edge of the pond). Got to watch Spencer build his pole barn which inspired me to do my own story here about mine.

But, by far and away the funniest memory I have of this place is Bob Skurka talking about getting diesel fuel out of his daughter's school uniform. I still think about the post and will just start laughing out loud. Of course, I think it was Dargo:confused: , just a few weeks ago talking about cleaning out his drain vents and launching a water attack inside his house on his wife. I don't care you are those are both funny stories and should linked somewhere as some of the best posts ever on TBN.:D

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #25  
yeah! 1,000,000,000.....go crazy folks....go crazy

TBN is invaluable to me when it comes to helping me make informed choices on an endless variety of things from tractors, to options, to implements, to a bunch of things that are only remotely related to tractors.

Great folks. Great conversation.

:^D

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #26  
I came to TBN after the Yahoo group for Yanmar owners got unwieldy and Muhammad opened his gracious doors to us. I was a total nooobie when it comes to tractors and their care and feeding. What I have found is a warm, friendly community of like-minded (mostly) folks who are willing to share all they know...which is a lot!

I now spend most of my time in the Projects and Rural living forums, just lurking and reading, seeing what creative and innovative people come up with.

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #27  
I am desk jockey by trade and my alternate ego and weekend life is described right here in TBN. I start my day with a "Since My Last Visit" hit, followed by visits to a number of technology blogs and the daily grind. Starting with TBN keeps me focused on the important stuff and helps me glide through the rest of my high-tech day.

Ironically, I found TBN when I was looking for help with our farm jeep. This a '47 Willys equipped with a PTO and 3-PT lift. I needed help with the hydraulics and found it. I went on to get help with my '64 Ford 4000. When I finally made the decision to buy a CUT, I started reading the listings everyday and haven't stopped since.

Like others, the advice I got helped me end up with the right tractor. But it is the projects, stories, frustrations and victories that keeps me here.

Thanks to everyone who is a part of this great community.

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #28  
Tractorbynet is like an encyclopedia of information on farm and hobby equipement. I have made a lot of decisions based on the info I have gotten here and will continue to do so. Keep up the good work I need all the info I can get.

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #29  
In the 2 years I've been a member I have learned a lot from theTBN forum. As this being my first tractor, there was (and still is) a lot to learn. I don't post very often but I visit almost every day. There are a lot of knowlegeable people on TBN, and I've always received informed answers to any questions I've posted. I do miss a couple of members who were quite funny, if not controversial, and also well informed. Congratulations on the 1,000,000 post milestone.

Ken

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #30  
I found TBN about a year ago, when looking for a tractor to help out around my small piece of land. I learned a great deal from everyone on here about what to look for and costs. I ended up with a Kubota bx-23 about 3 months ago, and couldn't be happier.
What I really like to read is the projects forum. I can't believe all the work that some of the members can do. Thanks to Muhammad for this forum. It is probably one of the best on the net in regards to the amount of respect that everyone give to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.