4707 3 Point adjustment issues

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #41  
Chain stabilizers were an option for a while on the Chinese built tractors I know. May be worth the $120 to switch to them.

Attachments

• 20220624_134555.jpg
    20220624_134555.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 63
   / 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #42  
Buy a cat 2 bolt on pin, put it on one side. Take the stabilizer off on that side and kick the arm onto the pin and hook the othe side up with the through pin. Adjust the stableizers to center the mower. All my cat 2 farm implements used bolt on pins and in 25 years using 70 hp tractors I never broke one.

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #43  
Buy a cat 2 bolt on pin, put it on one side. Take the stabilizer off on that side and kick the arm onto the pin and hook the othe side up with the through pin. Adjust the stableizers to center the mower. All my cat 2 farm implements used bolt on pins and in 25 years using 70 hp tractors I never broke one.
That is the best "kludge to make it work" anyone has suggested yet BUT a guy with a new tractor and a new cutter should not be having to screw with that kind of nonsense. Make the seller of the cutter comply with the Cat2 specs which probably means take the thing back. Make them solve the compatibility issue. Probably a different model cutter. Anyway it is their error.

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #44  
I am having issues hooking up a brush cutter I purchased, I can't seem to get the lower arms narrow enough to fit into the slots on the attachment. This is my first time hooking anything up so I figure I must be missing something. I extended the sway bar threads as far as they will go, is there another adjustment point I'm ignoring?

Thanks

View attachment 750880
I just looked my 4707 and I found that when the threads are visible, it does not slide out very much. When the threads are not visible, there is a lot more movement. Try turning the turnbuckle all the way in the other direction so you cannot see any of the threads.

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #45  
I just looked my 4707 and I found that when the threads are visible, it does not slide out very much. When the threads are not visible, there is a lot more movement. Try turning the turnbuckle all the way in the other direction so you cannot see any of the threads.
Would that not actually spread the bars wider? My understanding of geometry seems to contradict what you are saying...

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #46  
I thought the same thing, but the more I turned it, and the more thread that I saw, the wider the arms got. So then I turned them the other way, and the less threads that I saw, the farther out it slid, and the closer the ends got to each other.

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #47  
Congrats Eddie I know you’ve been waiting patiently. They look to be a very stout built utility tractor. So I’m curious what the minimum and maximum arm end widths are when using both stabilizer bars?

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #48  
I just put a tape on the lift arms with the threads turned all the way in and it says 27 5/8's inches between them on the inside.

Then I pulled the pin that holds the adjusting link to the lift are and it all fell apart. I have no idea if this makes it easier to hook something up, or what? Once it's off, the lift arms go ALOT closer together!!!

IMG_1523.JPG IMG_1524.JPG IMG_1526.JPG

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #49  
I understand the concept of removing pins on adjustable linked and allow link arms arms to move freely, but does that no remove the stability issue of implement that the arms are supposed to create when everything is pined in place by design..... Still don't believe the concepts you presented when threads showing/not showing (the mathematical equation (geometry) of a triangle is completely opposite your presentation) ...

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #50  
I think I would drill a new hole in the part that attaches to the tractor 90 degrees from the other hole. Maybe split the difference from the end. That would give more flexibility.

F8E2D355-D7F6-4A6F-9759-33079728219D.jpeg