/ 4707 #561  
Great thread! Thank y'all for sharing so much info. We are working on a deal on a 4710 open station. It would be nice to go without DEF by getting a 4707 instead but we need 100hp.

/ 4707 #562  
Guys, I read the Facebook post about cleaning the grounds on the global series tractors and I can't recall the guys name but he is correct in urging us to do it. My cab ground at the back was loose and the bolt threads stripped and where that same cable connects to the chassis at the axle housing was just bolted down loosely on top of the paint. You all need to remove these and clean them to bare metal and reinstall them tight. If you find one with a star washer under it remove it and toss it in the garbage. That H code I was having pop up from time to time during pto operation was fixed by this.

Attachments

• 20220625_133740.jpg
    20220625_133740.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 128
  • 20220625_133948.jpg
    20220625_133948.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 122
   / 4707 #564  
There's a Facebook page for 4700 global series tractors. I can't link to it using my phone due to my poor past life choices where I'm not supposed to have a Facebook account. Just search for it and it should come up. They will have to grant you access after you request it because it's private. Lots of good info over there. Lots of good pictures of these tractors working.

/ 4707 #565  
Hooked my Deere MX10 rotary cutter to my 4707 on Thursday. Kicked the pto on at like 1300rpm, killed the tractor. Rev’d it up some more, kicked it on, tractor made a bunch of racket under the cab, threw a code, and kicked the pto off. Called the dealer, they came and got the tractor (90 miles for them) within 24hrs.

They say the mower is just too big for the tractor. Deere recommends minimum 60 pto hp for the lift type mower that I have. 40 pto hp for a pull type. I have a hard time believing that the tractor can’t even spin that mower with no load. I didn’t figure it would be ideal, but thought it would work OK for mowing approaches, and Ran it on a 3020 gasser for years with no issues.

Dealer is doing a good job of taking care of me… but this one has me scratching my head a little.
Update- a friend had an OLD 6ft bush hog in the weeds. Put that on, works good. PTO does engage pretty violently. Occasionally sheers the pin on the bush hog driveline during engagement. Need to find 7ft so I’m atleast as wide as the tractor.

Still hate the grabby clutch. Seems worse when in the fast side of the dyna 2.

/ 4707 #566  
Still hate the grabby clutch. Seems worse when in the fast side of the dyna 2.

did you do the clutch adjustment procedure? It's in the manual on pa- just kidding - massey doesn't mention it at all. Some random guy posted the procedure on youtube it helped me a lot with more precision movement.

he starts the adjustment instructions at 3:10 roughly.

/ 4707 #567  
Add high operating temps and terrible AC to the list of things I hate about this tractor. Its not even 75 degrees out, cmon.

/ 4707 #568  
Add high operating temps and terrible AC to the list of things I hate about this tractor. Its not even 75 degrees out, cmon.
That's the trade off. You either go DPF and regens, or no no regens, mass EGR and they need higher temps to work.

/ 4707 #569  
What temps are you guys seeing and what should I be expecting? I was running it what I would consider pretty hard tearing up virgin ground with a 4 bottom and I think I was hitting like 160F

/ 4707 #570  
Yes, the temps do run fairly high, but my A/C is pretty decent and I have no complaints with it.