/ 4707 #581  
I got my 10ft rotary cutter going with some help from the guys on the 4700 Series facebook group. Temp on the dash was showing 165-180, not sure what that is measuring.

It doesnt take long to heat up to one bar or so from the red running about 3mph in fairly dense CRP. Mow for 5 minutes... cool down for 5 minutes. Cooling package clean, outside temps in the 70s.
That engine is designed to run at up to 106° C (220°F) - not sure why you are stopping it when it hits 180° F. 180°F that is just the point where where the thermostat opens.

/ 4707 #582  
That engine is designed to run at up to 106° C (220°F) - not sure why you are stopping it when it hits 180° F. 180°F that is just the point where where the thermostat opens.
I am aware that 180 is nowhere near hot. Like I said I don’t know what temp the digital number is actually reading. I assume the water temp runs north of 200 about all of the time.

Im stopping when the analog temp reading is in or near the red. It derates if you run it into the red.

/ 4707 #583  
I question if the digital number is a poorly placed outside air temp sensor? I will look in the book when I get a chance.

/ 4707 #585  
have any of you with 4707-10 models with glass roof
and steel grating guard over the glass, have you ever hinged that grate
so you can clean under there more effectively?
I remember wondering who designed that. Yes it protects very nicely, glad I had it when some tree limbs wacked into it.
But the window of course did not open, and neither did the protective shield.

I remember getting my wash brush stuck up there trying to clean the window.
Have all that cool glass above and nice it gets clean once in a while. Otherwise like most of you I just powerwashed or hosed things off.
And then always used a leaf blower to make sure there was no standing water.

Pulling a disc harrow with my 4707 was a joy. I had pulled that disc with a Kubota 5740 and a 50hp Massey 2615. Both pulled it, but the 4707 made it look easy.
And comfortable too.

I was never OCD about keep my cab windows clean, but got in there with the Windex and paper towels like the rest of you.
quite a view in there along with the glass above. Even nicer with clean glass to look out of.
My 4707 did everything well, did not malfunction except for wonky draft control and rear hydraulics that sometimes had a mind of their own.
I always chalked it up to operator error. But some of you have the same issues so now I don't feel so stupid.

I sure would like that tractor with my old Kubota hydrostatic controls. With a 275 pound fireman up in a man bucket on my NC farm trimming my trees all the way extended,
inching forward ever so slowly would have been a lot easier with hydrostatic. I was never as smooth with that electronic reverser as I was with the hydro floor controls.
If my memory is right, that is an electronic clutch so you can't "burn" it? I grew up with older clutch tractors and you never wanted to abuse the clutches.
Too expensive to get to and fix.

A five ton tractor with 34 radials on back is a serious beginners utility tractor. I've owned six tractors and it was certainly the nicest.
My farming days are over. Lots of pics left...

Attachments

• IMG_1391.JPG
    IMG_1391.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1679.JPG
    IMG_1679.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 98
   / 4707 #586  
What size disk did you pull with it? I'm wanting a bigger disk. I currently have a little 5ft 3 point disk that I used with my 37hp tractor that I think the 4707 will destroy if I try to use it. I also want something a lot wider, that is towable with wheels. 10 to 12 feet seems to be about right if the tractor can handle it and it's heavy enough to actually disk up my red clay.

/ 4707 #587  
What size disk did you pull with it? I'm wanting a bigger disk. I currently have a little 5ft 3 point disk that I used with my 37hp tractor that I think the 4707 will destroy if I try to use it. I also want something a lot wider, that is towable with wheels. 10 to 12 feet seems to be about right if the tractor can handle it and it's heavy enough to actually disk up my red clay.
Depends on exactly what disc, like tillers they aren't all created the same, so you can't just go by the width.

SR

/ 4707 #588  
I pull a 12' JD disk with hydraulic lift... My 4707 does not even know that it is there.... Even on hills in soft clay/sand.

/ 4707 #589  
Eddie, I had a 8 foot Landpride sized for my 50hp tractor. I would have gone 10 or 12 foot with 4707. Tremendous traction from those big radials in back, never had to go to 4wd
I believe I had 18" discs on it, set fairly aggressively, but running in NC sandy soil.

/ 4707 #590  
Love my 4707. As has been documented, the 3pt. hydraulics are sort of finicky, but other than that, this tractor is the best one I've ever owned or operated.