/ 4707 #591  
Light work and this thing is hot all the time, can’t get anything done. Whats the deal? Radiator clean, got plenty of water in it.

Update- hot going down the road. Must need a thermostat or water pump. Will have to get ahold of dealer this week.

Last edited:
   / 4707 #592  
IS it actually hot or just indicating hot?
Have you actually boiled out or checked with an infrared thermometer.

/ 4707 #593  
IS it actually hot or just indicating hot?
Have you actually boiled out or checked with an infrared thermometer.
Could be the sensor I suppose. I have not used a thermometer and it has not boiled over. It is under warranty so I'll get the dealer out. Initially I thought it was just getting hot under load but seems like it's all the time now.

/ 4707 #594  
After I've been running the tractor for about 30 minutes or so, I can smell the paint cooking.

/ 4707 #595  
After I've been running the tractor for about 30 minutes or so, I can smell the paint cooking.
How many hours you got on it? Is normal to smell the engine paint for a while when they're new. I still get a hint of it on mine at 150 hours.

/ 4707 #597  
95 hours. Love the tractor.
Probably just still burning a little off. Look at your exhaust manifold and you'll find evidence that it was once painted. You should see the burnt paint.

/ 4707 #598  
Are you all still liking the 4707. Having many problems with them? Do you feel that they are under powered for their frame size? I am very interested in buying one next year.

/ 4707 #599  
Are you all still liking the 4707. Having many problems with them? Do you feel that they are under powered for their frame size? I am very interested in buying one next year.
Mine had a handful of issues early on after I bought it a year ago. I think they've all been addressed and I'm very happy with the tractor.

A few people have commented that they think the 4707 is underpowered, but I don't necessarily agree. It's a stump puller.

/ 4707 #600  
My 4707 is a 2022 model and I think they fixed some of the bigger issues with the new model year. Mostly it seems that people had problems with the AC in earlier models. I'm in East Texas where temps and humidity can be brutal. I run it during the heat of the day and I've never had to turn the AC all the way up.

I'm pulling a 12 foot batwing and I feel that I have plenty of power. Some of what I'm mowing is taller then the hood, and I never have to slow down. I mow in two speeds, 2.4 mph or 3 mph depending on how rough my land is. I could probably mow faster on the flatter areas, but it gets too bouncy, and things are happening too fast to dodge the trees if I mow faster.