Add-a-grapple source

/ Add-a-grapple source #1  

frogpond

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
I'm looking at buying an Add-a-grapple, made by Precision Manufacturing, to attach to the stock bucket on my BX25D. I have a Piranha toothbar on the bucket.. It looks like the most economical way to get a grapple function for moving brush and logs. I have already ordered a 3rd function kit from Summit Hydraulics.
It looks like there are 2 appropriate models, the Mini (model 11155, 28" opening, at 125 lbs.), and the Small (model114400, 32" opening, at 132 lbs). However, Precision doesn't give price or ordering information on its website. There are no dealers here in the Pacific Northwest. I see that AskTractorMike.com sells them, but only the Small model.
I would be grateful for any advice about which size would be best, and any thoughts about the Add-a-grapples in general. Also, where should I order from?

/ Add-a-grapple source #2  
I got mine from Agfolks.com. It was shipped direct from Precision. I went with the Mini, since it was the lightest and sized for my bucket.

/ Add-a-grapple source
Thanks! I'll look them up.. Have you been pleased with it? And what kind of tractor is it on?

/ Add-a-grapple source #4  
   / Add-a-grapple source #5  
I'm looking at buying an Add-a-grapple, made by Precision Manufacturing, to attach to the stock bucket on my BX25D. I have a Piranha toothbar on the bucket.. It looks like the most economical way to get a grapple function for moving brush and logs. I have already ordered a 3rd function kit from Summit Hydraulics.
It looks like there are 2 appropriate models, the Mini (model 11155, 28" opening, at 125 lbs.), and the Small (model114400, 32" opening, at 132 lbs). However, Precision doesn't give price or ordering information on its website. There are no dealers here in the Pacific Northwest. I see that AskTractorMike.com sells them, but only the Small model.
I would be grateful for any advice about which size would be best, and any thoughts about the Add-a-grapples in general. Also, where should I order from?

Asktractormike does actually sell the mini, but does not use the label mini. It is label ‘small for subcompact and compact tractors’. It is when I looked the last listing before changing to the fork grapple. It may be different when you look as listing orders seem to rearrange. Watch for the model numbers as you click on the links the xxxxxx15 showed up on that link. It was listed at the same price as the small so if the 7 lbs is not an issue and the opening size works, I would go with the larger opening personally. For the small price difference for other grapples (MTL), I would only consider the add a grapple if like me you have s pin on bucket and fo limited grapple work.

/ Add-a-grapple source
Thank you, CoyPatton. That's the information I was looking for.
Yes, I have a pin-on bucket. I thought about getting a conversion plate like the Ai2, and then getting a complete grapple, but the expense and extra weight were not appealing, considering the limited lifting ability of the bx loader. And besides, although I am doing a lot of clearing brush, debris, and small logs, it's usually combined with moving loads of fill dirt. I think in the end the work would get done faster without changing implements and connecting and disconnecting hoses.

/ Add-a-grapple source #7  
It's on a Kubota B2320. I don't have much time using it yet, but it does seem to do what I need so far. More time will let me get a better feel, and adapt my technique to get the most from it, I'm sure. Quality seems good.

/ Add-a-grapple source
I called Precision Manufacturing themselves, and talked to a very helpful guy named Bill. He advised getting the 114400 "Small", based on the dimensions of my bucket. He told me to order from Agfolks.com, as they work together on orders like this. So that's what I did. I got not only a confirmation from agfolks, but also a personal thank you from Bill. Delivery should be in about a month. That should give me enough time to install the 3rd function kit.

/ Add-a-grapple source #9  
Bill is a great guy, he won't steer you wrong.

/ Add-a-grapple source #10  
Congrats on your purchase! Please post updates on the install and your opinions once you are using it.