Akita Pool

/ Akita Pool #231  
Thanks Brandi!!! That's an interesting look. We have been searching for ideas, and I really like how "natural" copper looks.
It's wide open how your finish would come out. I can't wait to play around with it.
hugs, Brandi

/ Akita Pool
If you are going to build a box, why not put an extractor fan on the outside? Then you can just use the box and the fan outside. Just be sure to pitch it toward the hood and run the joints with the small end toward the hood so any grease runs back down the pipe and into the hood vs dripping on the deck.

Aaron Z

This is why I post stuff on TBN. I never heard of an extractor fan before and would have never done a search to buy one. Now that I've done that search, I've learned that for a significantly less amount of money, I can get a much stronger fan that will pull more more air then I thought I could.

Thank you!!!

/ Akita Pool #233  
This is why I post stuff on TBN. I never heard of an extractor fan before and would have never done a search to buy one. Now that I've done that search, I've learned that for a significantly less amount of money, I can get a much stronger fan that will pull more more air then I thought I could.

Thank you!!!
Glad I could help, we had one of those on the range hood in the kitchen growing up and it was nice to have all that noise outside rather than in the kitchen.

Aaron Z

/ Akita Pool
On the thought of the extractor fan, I took a look at attic fans. This one at McCoys was $80 and it moves 1,050 CFM of air!!!! I honestly have no idea of how much air that I want/need to move, but I think I'll have it covered with this much power.

40460859_10217295399679703_4214354165763145728_n.jpg

/ Akita Pool #235  
Perhaps just mount one of those on the gable end of the porch with shutters over it in the wall?

Aaron Z

/ Akita Pool #236  
If there is any way to check noise/decible ratings on fans. I know the greenhouse fan I bought moves a lot of air but it is a bit noisy if as it spins fast. In your relaxing area, I would want a very quiet fan. maybe a slow speed?

/ Akita Pool #237  
when lighting the grill, the ceiling fans pull the smoke into them.

That party sounds like it was a great time!

Not sure if it is appropriate, but would fans that could reverse direction be an option?

Hope your wife is doing well!

/ Akita Pool #238  
If you are concerned about noise, there is a hood option where the fan is relocated in the attic just below the roof. So it sucks air up and out instead of being in a hood pushing it.

/ Akita Pool
Fan placement will have to be where I can get to it and replace it when it wears out. Ideally, I would want it as far away from everything as I can, but I kind of think that the only place that I will be able to change it will be right inside the vent hood. Whatever I decide to buy, I will test it first to see how loud it is.

I didn't think about green house vent fans. I'll look at them too!!!

/ Akita Pool
I put the metal roof on the porch this weekend. Heat and high humidity made this a painful project, but overall, it wasn't too hard.

IMG_1678.JPG

IMG_1690 - Copy.JPG