Andrew Camarata

/ Andrew Camarata #471  
ok, maybe so. Still, dudes were walking around behind it while precariously secured. A guy was riding it when it went off the road and jumps off. Andrew somehow jumps into his truck as it was sliding past. So much danger; comfort levels can vary.

I noticed how he would stick his leimbs down into the rock crusher while it was operating sometimes too....

How do you function in life being so afraid of everything?

I didn't see one person sitting off to the side trembling in fear. I think they are all better off living through that experience? No?

/ Andrew Camarata #473  
Were we watching the same thing...i saw none of that happening. They all were safe distances from the "decapitation zone".

Did you watch both videos? He bought heavier chains for the recovery, pulled from a further uphill tree, and the helpers stayed back.
The only problem was once they got it on the road, and was pulling it up the hill again, whoever was on roller put it in gear so the wheels wouldn’t turn, and they about sent it over the edge again.

/ Andrew Camarata #474  
Oh cool, he's got a nice view of _____ ski resort from his mountain top. Kudos to buckeye for finding his mountain and giving me juuust enough clues to also locate it. I was looking too close to his container castle at first.

Thats a lot of elevation to conquer with roadbuilding.

I thought I hid all references to location.
It took me awhile to find it, 2 main clues was direction of sunset, and those fields in the distance. I too was looking too close to home.
Loved the snow covered top in this video.

/ Andrew Camarata #475  
Whats kind of crazy is how much heavy equipment he is determined to get up on top of the mountain even before having a proper road to get up there. Why not.... start at the bottom to make a proper road? Or is he starting from his new gravel/shale pit and working back down?

In spring and winter, one cannot build a road. So Andrew only has summer into late fall to work. Moreover, Andrew's equipment purchases tend to happen toward the end of the year when things are freezing up, and one doesn't really know how well things will work out until one tries it. For example, the rock crusher cost a pile of money, but it is easier to dynomite rough rock for his road. Andrew learned that his road was too steep to use his International dump truck on and got into off-highway trucks for hauling. But now Andrew is on his third off-highway truck. Try to find, purchase, move, service, and move again an off-highway truck quickly and you'll understand why he has had interruptions in building a road. Also, as I recall, this was only his second summer with the mountain property.

/ Andrew Camarata #476  
He bought it 4/16/2021 for$xxx,000.

The road comes from the left, so he goes thru a bunch of other peoples property before he gets to his 79 acres. There's a faint red outline around his parcel. I was cutting out adjacent property names.

Attachments

• camartaland.jpg
    camartaland.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
   / Andrew Camarata #477  
For y'all that use chains this might be of use:

willy

/ Andrew Camarata #478  
Just got done watching the second video. I don't know about you guys, but the biggest chain my friends and I have is 3/8" G70. Wherever Andrew is, they obviously have a Fleet Pride or the like that keeps 1/2" in stock because the next day Andrew and friends arrived with serious cable, 1/2" chain, and the segment they leashed the logger off with looked like it was 3/4" chain.

Anyway, while the first attempted recovery was a cluster, rivaled only by military clusters (smile fellow .mil types) the next day's recovery was brilliant! Nobody was in the triangle of evisceration/wife trouble and it went great.

The following drive up the hill they put an inexperienced operator in the roller, and while I'm somewhat sympathetic* since it looks like that roller's neutral creeps anyway (telling me that the shifter is out of adjustment), and the roller itself is not driven and prone to sliding all over on icy ground, having at first run over the bridal chain and obviously told to not do that again, the poor guy then only focused on keeping the bridal chain taunt rather than what the machine itself was doing as it dragged its rear wheels. Drama. I bet Andrew now knows next time to brief everybody on what needs to happen as well as hand signals. LOL

Meaning, that it was a good video!

* I'm sympathetic as even experienced operators can be put into new equipment and dumb things can happen. Last month a buddy nearly flipped my tractor on its side while operating my payloader for the first time. Although my buddy is a very experienced skiddy and backhoe operator, and payloaders have got to be the easiest thing to operate, he wasn't familiar with the ease of grunt from machine that can deadlift two of his 90hp Case backhoes let alone four or five of my tractors.

Last edited:
   / Andrew Camarata #479  
What happened to the 2 D7 dozers he had? The dozer has a better winch then the skidder has. He’s also been beating on the little D4 trying to spread riprap when the big dozer would be better.