Answer me this...

/ Answer me this... #341  
I found people raised on "yellow" , mustard, usually hate mustard, but really hate tumeric :cool:
Introduced many to spicy, hot, ground and other mustards and saw many change opinions.
A good spicy mustard is the best thing on a burger in my opinion. After the burger and the mustard, everything else just dilutes the experience.

/ Answer me this... #342  
Well back to the pickles talk, I'm from eastern europe, we like everything pickled.
I took my mom shopping last week, went to a euro deli, man they had so much stuff! Among many things, I picked up pickled tomatoes. Oh so good!
My kosher fermented cukes from this year. I did not pickle my green tomatoes this year, I made green tomato and apple mincemeat instead. One batch canned, one batch frozen.

cukes.jpg

mince.jpg

/ Answer me this... #344  
The wife and I were "building" our respective hamburgers this evening, and of course she loaded hers with pickles. I didn't say too much about it. She said they were "good". Harumph. :)

/ Answer me this... #345  
OK, well I like mayo on many things. BUT if we are going down pet peeve mode, well here is mine, PICKLES DO NOT BELONG ON HAMBURGERS. Period. And when you say "no pickles, no onions please" at ANY drive thru, what do you get? Pickles for sure. A standard hamburger at any fast food joint in America puts pickles on hamburgers.

It is just the way it is. And there isn't a "durn" thing you can do about it but pick the stinking things off yourself getting ketchup and mustard on your fingers. AND beside that the stink and taste of the pickle juice will still be on your hamburger. Yes Sir you can have your fricken hamburger any way you want it as long as it has pickles on it.

Yes I know I am the ONE person in the USA that does NOT like pickles. And that makes me very special.

Now, sure am glad I got that off my chest.

Sign me "no fricken" pickles in Branson. :)
How in-American. No pickles? 😁

/ Answer me this... #346  
Weisswurst/Bockwurst are white, from Bavaria. Not my favorite.
My people are from Bavaria. For me Weisswurst and Bockwurst are both awesome. (Not the same, just similar) Made from veal.

I will be deezlers second. Putting Catsup/ketchup/catchup on any German sausage is wrong. That stuff has its place on Americanized sausages like hot dogs.

/ Answer me this... #347  
Home Made Sausage..... Yum. It is on my list to start making myself. Recipes are welcome.

/ Answer me this... #348  
Well back to the pickles talk, I'm from eastern europe, we like everything pickled.
I took my mom shopping last week, went to a euro deli, man they had so much stuff! Among many things, I picked up pickled tomatoes. Oh so good!
Pickled okra is something my son got me to try and, surprisingly, it was pretty good.

/ Answer me this... #349  
Pickled okra is something my son got me to try and, surprisingly, it was pretty good.
I don't think I ever ate okra, let alone pickled okra, but yes I'm sure pickled okra is great. The only pickled thing I don't like is herring, pickled fish. Ughh, hate it!