At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods #3,601  
I agree once you use a cordless impact you won't know how you got by without one.

Wait a minute. . . Didn't you guys see the log splitter Obed's wife got him? He's afraid that if he asks her for a cordless screwdriver she'll get him one of these.;)

31rDNU1743L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

/ At Home In The Woods #3,602  
Wow, for under $100 I'm tempted.Yes that sounds like the ticket.

I have a Delta I got a Lowes with legs for $99. Its been a great little saw. Bought it when I did 1800 sq ft of wood flooring in my house. Its been used to death and if it broke tomorrow I would buy one just like it.

Other nice feature is its light weight. I can pick it up myself and load it in my truck to take to friends for projects.

Another neat thing to use for long strait cuts is get a piece of aluminum angle iron. I got a 8' long piece that is 1.5" by 1.5". I painted it white with gloss paint and use it for ripping plywood. I have marked my circular saw with the distance form the blade to the base. Its 4" I think. Say I want to rip a piece 24" wide I simply mark it at 28" then clamp it down. Now run the saw down the strait edge and you get a perfect cut every time.

Chris

/ At Home In The Woods #3,603  
Here's one example: read the reviews in this add- they're exactly my experience. I turned my electrician on to this and he's never looked back!

I agree once you use a cordless impact you won't know how you got by without one.

I got tired of buying batteries for my cordless tools (makita, milwaukee etc) and just bought my first Rigid -- lifetime free battery replacement. :thumbsup:

Tell me more please! I don't have any cordless tools but will be in the market for some soon. I can't picture driving screws with my air impacts, do these tools differ in some way? Do they rat-tat-tat all the way in or just towards the end? Is there like an adjustable slip clutch?

Part of the reason for no cordless tools is battery life and cost. Free batteries for life, no strings attached?

/ At Home In The Woods #3,604  
Tell me more please! I don't have any cordless tools but will be in the market for some soon. I can't picture driving screws with my air impacts, do these tools differ in some way? Do they rat-tat-tat all the way in or just towards the end? Is there like an adjustable slip clutch?

Part of the reason for no cordless tools is battery life and cost. Free batteries for life, no strings attached?

I can't comment on Rigid tools, although I'm halfway out the door to buy some after learning about free battery replacement on this thread, but I have used a few impact drivers and they are every bit as good as people say they are! Lincoln, they work just like your air impacts, only 1/4inch drive. The rat-tat-tat action allows it to drive HUGE screws without stripping them out like a regular screw gun does. It blew my mind the first time I saw it!

/ At Home In The Woods #3,606  
I just went to the Lowe's website ( Home Tools Power Tools Power Saws Table Saws & Accessories ) . The cheapest table saw I found is $150.:confused: Keeping my 15 year old circular saw is starting to sound a little better...

Obed

Did you try Craigslist? I can usually always find some cheap older table saws for sale for less than $50 that would do the job nicely.

(just did a searchtempest search of your area: there's a ryobi saw for $50 in Knocksville, is that close to you?)

Last edited:
   / At Home In The Woods
#3,607  
Did you try Craigslist? I can usually always find some cheap older table saws for sale for less than $50 that would do the job nicely.

(just did a searchtempest search of your area: there's a ryobi saw for $50 in Knocksville, is that close to you?)
jonnyc1999,
Yes, that's close to me. I checked Craigslist and there are some table saws for sale on it. Why do you guys keep tempting me... ? My wife might ban me from TBN.

Obed

/ At Home In The Woods
#3,608  
My wife installed the OSB on the shelves today. It's great having a wife who can cook and is also handy with power tools!

You can see our cordless drill sitting on the shelf. The reason we primarilly used the corded drill for screwing is because high torque use drains the batteries pretty fast. However, the cordless drill has a clutch which can prevent stripping the screws, unlike the corded drill. My wife shoved a wedge against the concrete wall to square the shelves while she screwed down the OSB.

attachment.php

I love the shelves. I think they came out great! My wife designed them with some input from me. She really deserves the credit for them. One particularly nice feature is that we can access the higher shelves from the stairway landing. My little girl is showing you how easy they are to reach from the landing.

One shelving unit is now complete. We have two more sets of shelves to build on the other side of the stairwell.

Attachments

• IMG_2355.JPG
    IMG_2355.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_2356.JPG
    IMG_2356.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_2357.JPG
    IMG_2357.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2358.JPG
    IMG_2358.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2359.JPG
    IMG_2359.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,310
  • IMG_2363.JPG
    IMG_2363.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2364.JPG
    IMG_2364.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2362.JPG
    IMG_2362.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 297
   / At Home In The Woods #3,609  
Another nice job. You and your wife are a good team.

Chris