B3030 engine cutting out for no apparent reason

/ B3030 engine cutting out for no apparent reason #1  

dnw64

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 Cab
Last time I blew snow, twice, while backing up on level ground (PTO engaged, PTO RPM) the engine quit for maybe a half second then kept going.

Today, blowing 20" of snow, the engine just plain quit. There were no warning symbols, wasn't close to Hot. Opened the hood, looked for something obvious, found nothing. So I tried starting it, started right up and I finished another 30 minutes of blowing with no issues.

FWIW it's not cold today (20 oe so) and I'm running winter mix with Howe's. Also, since it quit last time under virtually no load I highly doubt it's a fuel issue, but I can be schooled.

Any ideas?

/ B3030 engine cutting out for no apparent reason #3  
No where near cold enough for gel issues but I still suspect some kind of fuel flow interruption. Might also check the air intake for clogged filter, some foreign object, etc.

/ B3030 engine cutting out for no apparent reason #4  
Concur with the a safety switch issue. The seat switch would be the most likely culprit. Did you move in the seat or maybe shifted your weight to look behind you? You can try electrical contact cleaner on the switch.

/ B3030 engine cutting out for no apparent reason
Last time it's very possible I had turned around while backing up, as I have a cab, and it often gets foggy or snowy which makes it impossible to use the mirrrors.

Today I was going down a fairly steep section of my driveway so it's possible that I shifted forward.

Will take a look at the seat safety switch.

Thanks guys.

/ B3030 engine cutting out for no apparent reason #6  
Just another thought. When you say the engines cutting out, do you mean it's losing power or that it actually acts like you turned the key off and back on?

When my B2910 it was new, I got some bad fuel and what it ended up doing was clogging up my fuel filter. The tractor would run strong and then suddenly lose power, and then regain power and operate normally.

B2910 is very similar to the B3030 if I remember correctly. Just bringing this up as another possibility.

/ B3030 engine cutting out for no apparent reason #7  
The seat doesn't come into play until the HST pedal is moved from the center position.
Good Luck!

Just another thought. When you say the engines cutting out, do you mean it's losing power or that it actually acts like you turned the key off and back on?
Immediately and fully shut off.

The seat doesn't come into play until the HST pedal is moved from the center position.
Good Luck!
All three times I have been in motion.

/ B3030 engine cutting out for no apparent reason #10  
If the seat switch isn't telling the tractor you're in the seat-when you move the HST pedal to move the tractor will shut-off like you turned off the key.
Good Luck and post back!