Bad boy compact tractors?

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #51  
There's a bunch of rebadged tractors out there, but there's a lot more than two or three companies making tractors...

SR

Yanmar, TYM, LS...

Even Deere doesn't make their own stuff anymore, at least not in this compact segment.

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #52  
Thanks for the information on the Mil/LE discounts. I'm think of picking a new Zero Turn next spring.
Just got an Elite ZT a few weeks ago. Have used it three times so not much to report. The Elite has a front suspension and 7 gauge deck for $5k Those features sold me on it. I was going to get a Country Clipper but the BB looked like a more robust machine that would be more comfortable.

I love it, but any ZT that runs would have been better than the Husqvarna rider I had. Cut my mowing time by 40%.

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #53  
FOR GENERAL INFORMATION:
There are about 260 different companies making tractors:

willy

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #54  
   / Bad boy compact tractors? #55  
Tractors apparently are like washing machines. 2 or 3 companies make all 35 brands. It's kind of pathetic.
Yours is made by LS (New Holland Workmaster, at least the newer ones)

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #56  
They are made by Bad Boy. Here is a photo of the plant.
They are made by Kukje/TYM. You essentially have a rebranded TYM tractor. Bad boy does have a plant in the USA, but they make tractor implements and mowers there. They might assemble the tractors from their shipping configuration there, but they are made in South Korea. Branson was recently bought by Kukje/TYM as well. I am not sure if all of those machines are made somewhere in the US or also in South Korea.

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #57  
Even Deere doesn't make their own stuff anymore, at least not in this compact segment.
I am not sure this is accurate. Deere is still making all of their machines…just not in the USA. They have plants in South America, Asia, etc that are making lots of them. However they aren’t rebranded.

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #58  
I am not sure this is accurate. Deere is still making all of their machines…just not in the USA. They have plants in South America, Asia, etc that are making lots of them. However they aren’t rebranded.
My Deere 26G mini excavator is a rebranded Hitachi, so not all Deere equipment is sourced in house.

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #59  
They are made by Kukje/TYM. You essentially have a rebranded TYM tractor. Bad boy does have a plant in the USA, but they make tractor implements and mowers there. They might assemble the tractors from their shipping configuration there, but they are made in South Korea. Branson was recently bought by Kukje/TYM as well. I am not sure if all of those machines are made somewhere in the US or also in South Korea.

TYM did bought Kukje (Branson) in 2016, however, they still work pretty much as separate companies.

TYM already makes a beefy tractor compared to most but if you put a TYM and a Branson side by side, you'll notice right away the Branson it's actually even beefier. There other noticeable differences in the construction as well. Of course, they share some parts here and there. It only makes sense to do it, since they under the same ownership.

Bad Boy tractors are made by Kukje and are just rebranded Branson tractors. The Bad Boy 4035 is just an orange Branson 3515 for instance.

Kukje also makes the John Deere 6M, 6R and 6E series.

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #60  
Thats really insane that they could make such a colossal error on the website and list their biggest, best tractors as only having a 2-range HST. Would be a total deal breaker for me; enough to close the website right away and look at other brands. BAD BOY, is anyone listening?

The 4035 seems like a nice heavy machine otherwise. Light on features, pretty simple. But simple can be good.