Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #21  
I bought an electric pole saw to compliment my chain saw. It reaches limbs easier when treetop is down or reaching up high.
It also works in the rare event I hang my chain saw as well. I had greenworks batteries so stuck with same brand. Very good battery life and it keeps up with my echo gas pole saw.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #22  
I bought a Greenworks G-MAX chainsaw a couple years ago and it basically retired my gas Stihl. Just cut down a 22" tree last weekend with it. It won't cut as fast as a gas saw but since there's no starting and no gas to mess with it's worth it IMO. I can't see me ever buying another gas powered saw.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #23  
Greenworks 40 volt saw, pole saw and trimmer. Work great on the acreage. Of course they won't handle a firewood supplier, but for chores around here, perfect.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #24  
who owns owns one ? Brand ?
I have, and love, four of them. Two EGO, a 16", and 18", a Milwaukee 6", and a Ryobi 8" pole saw. I can't imagine life on my farm without them. Ridding myself of gas operated equipment is like being born again.

Attachments

• 20180928_094846.jpg
    20180928_094846.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 234

/ Battery powered chainsaw #25  
Just ordered an 80v Greenworks saw from Costco as I'd been pondering it and they are on sale this month at Costco. Will add it to my stable of gas saws. Was never interested in battery saws, but last year the drought and fire danger in Colorado lead to some counties, including mine, banning operation of gasoline-powered saws, etc. and the ban lasted from about May til December. Since I heat with wood, I use the saws all summer. Luckily, and by a fluke, I had cut three cords of wood in March and was ok. I figure that even if the electric saw does not do the work of the gas, and it won't, at least I'll be able to gather in enough firewood even if it takes a lot longer.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #26  
I own 2 Ryobi 40 volt chainsaws and I really like them. They are good on logs up about 10 inches in diameter also work on larger but battery life is a lot less and they are slower cutting on the larger logs. Use battery powered saws for cutting my firewood. I also have a Redback 120 volt battery chainsaw which has a real long battery life compared to the Ryobi and it will cut larger logs a lot better, company went out of business during the pandemic so I cannot find new batteries for it and I don't know how long my batteries will last before they need replaced. Still have a Husky 395 for larger logs but it does not get used a lot.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #27  
I just can't do it. I like my two stroke and expensive gas mix.

I like rebuildable pieces of equipment.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #28  
I just can't do it. I like my two stroke and expensive gas mix.

I like rebuildable pieces of equipment.
To each his own....

/ Battery powered chainsaw #30  
In thirty years I will be able to start my small top handle stihl saw, while a battery saw will be in a box will all the other outdated battery tools.
Maybe...maybe not
If you don't like 'em, don't get one...my battery saw serves my purpose and I don't put down folks who prefer gas models