Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #111  
who owns owns one ? Brand ?
I picked up an Atlas 80V at Harbor Freight. Love it!
We have a lot of invasive 'Japanese Honeysuckle' choking field margins and unfarmed areas, along with a lot of "lazy trees". The Atlas cuts well and the batteries last all day. While I do have 2 batteries, I rarely need to swap out during the day.
Plus I have their Weed Whacker and Blower. Same battery. The batteries are somewhat expensive, but last a long time and have only a Harbor Freight price.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #112  
We have both Stihl gas and electric saws. We used to have a small gas saw and the small Stihl saw. We found we had problems with the gas saw, it was getting old. We started to use the electric saw more and more and for more things. We never had to play around starting it. We just push the button and it goes. It cuts small stuff faster and cleaner than the gas saw.Then we had a problem with the little gas saw and decided not to go to the expense of fixing it. We still use the larger gas saw just like we did before we got the electric one. I am amazed at how well the electric saw works. We do need three batteries for long days but we needed a lot of gas for a long day too. When the big gas saw goes, maybe we will get a big electric one.

There is also a big difference from what I have seen between Stihl and Makita and the other electric chainsaw makers. Stihl knows chainsaws as does Huskvarna. After those two the others are not as well regarded when you really need it to work and cut. Batteries are similar. There are good ones and not so good ones. Stihl, now after several years, is still working with a lot of hard use. Years ago I bought electric drills from different manufacturers. Use them hard and many of them did not last. The Stihl batteries have lasted well. I have gotten good results from my DeWalt tool batteries too.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #113  
who owns owns one ? Brand ?
Ryobi. Short money, light weight.easy to carry on the four wheeler on trails and such. I’ve been able to dust up and limb a 40’ spruce tree no problem and still had battery life leftover. Only problem is, my wife loves it and constantly takes it for her own use. Iam a current owner of a Husky395, husky55 and a stihl 031AV. The other plus is you can cut something in the woods and none hears you. Good if it’s deer season and you need to remove a downed tree from a roadway or trail.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #115  
EGO 18" for 2yrs, had their leaf blower so figured why not. Great for working a med size pine or less. Bigger cuts work the battery pretty hard tho. Oil tank seems to run low when battery does. It's convenient for having around and I don't have to deal with another carburetor! I also like being able to take it in jeep or truck stink free.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #116  
Just used mine for the first time. Ryobi 40V 18" bar. Add bar oil, click in a battery and off to it. Took down a small dead ornamental tree in less time than it would have taken to fuel the gasser, get it started and warmed up.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #117  
Following my third rotator cuff surgery, I replaced my gas saw with a Milwaukee M18 with 12 AH High Output battery. Worked super cutting faster than my Stihl had until I came up against a 24" American white birch stump. I could not get it cut and needed to borrow a gas saw to get the job done. Later I discovered it was a battery failure. The Milwaukee 12 AH High Output batteries are expensive - $225 to $250. I only needed to revert to a gas saw that one time, and using the 12 AH high output battery on my 1/2" Milwaukee impact can break bolts free that won't give with the standard 6 AH battery.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #118  
I have a Milwaukee 18 volt because I have a lot of their tools. It works great for small stuff and de limbing . I carry it on my side x side for quick cuts. It cuts a long time with the 12 amp hour battery . You have to be careful with battery operated chainsaws, they will cut through chaps, I have heard.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #119  
I bought a property recently that required me to tool up from scratch (former country boy who moved to the city and moved back to the country 20 years later). I went with Ego and have bought most of the line--18" chainsaw, mower, blower, and weed whacker. I'm satisfied with all of them thus far.

My impression of the chainsaw is it's 100% adequate for routine homeowner use. It feels a bit plasticky and lightweight which is a mixed bag and I don't know how it would hold up to daily use. I feel like it's got a little less torque than a good gas saw so you can't push it as hard, but for most users that means you'll spend 8 minutes a day in the cut versus 3-5 minutes, so who cares? The convenience of battery power makes up for all of its shortcomings many times over. I'm not sure if Ego's system is the absolute best but I felt like their tools hit a good midpoint across performance/build quality/price. I wanted good but did not need the absolute best.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #120  
Friend and neighbor has the $800+ Stihl battery job. It was bought the first or second year Stihl came out with it. My wife borrows it from time to time to limb what I cut with the gas saw. After 2 years, charge life is way down. Even when reading 50% charge it drops in RPM while cutting a 3" diameter limb. Give me 2 cycle power anytime. First the govt forced eco friendly oils then they decide its still not good enough.