Billing vs Building

/ Billing vs Building #1  

oldballs

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 , Case 448 , Kubota B2650
Is it normal to bill a customer immediately for a product even though it will be 2-3 weeks before the product is even built? Having agreed on the estimated shipping/delivery time, I didn't expect that my credit card would be billed immediately! I'm disappointed.

/ Billing vs Building #2  
If this is a custom built product I can understand the supplier wanting partial payment. Depending on the product some may even state beforehand that it is non-returnable/refundable and therefor charge the full amount. I can understand your disappointment, but I guess it depends on what the supplier’s fine print says.

/ Billing vs Building
Thanks, Howie. This is a stock catalog item. I guess it is waiting for a production run. But I ain't no business man.

/ Billing vs Building #4  
If it is a stock item waiting on a proiduction run then I would defintiely question why they are billing before shipping.

/ Billing vs Building #5  
Was it an online transaction or did they take your credit info on site?

/ Billing vs Building #6  
Did they bill you or did they do a check to see if your credit card is good for the required amount? When a company does a check on your credit card the funds are put in reserve for several days. It looks like you've been charged yet you haven't been.

/ Billing vs Building #7  
I find some bill with order and some bill on shipping.

/ Billing vs Building #8  
Different Companies have different policies. I deal with Amazon quite a lot, and I'm not charged until the item is shipped.

/ Billing vs Building
Humm.......I guess I'll just wait for the attachment to show up, which it will surely do because I've purchased from this manufacturer/dealer several times without product problems or without a problem with my credit card. If that's their policy, I think it stinks and will ask the next time, if there is one. The order was taken live over the phone. Thank, folks.

/ Billing vs Building #10  
There are a couple factors that may come into play today.

some companies need cash fast.

some cc's get filled up fast especially to handle a large charge.