Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence?

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence?
I said I would keep you updated.

First off, they won't take the tractor back. The dealer will not swap me for another tractor, they don't have another one like it.

So we showed pictures to the service department staff and they were appalled it broke and very understanding it was a defect of some sort. But, it's not their call on what to do. We asked for the mobile service tech to come out and look at it so the the parts could get ordered and we could keep using it in the meantime. Nope. The service manager (at another location without seeing the pictures) said it was my fault it broke, Massey would not cover it and they would not send the mobile tech out to even look at it. My salesperson talked to the owner and the owner told the service manager to send out the tech to look at it. Get this, the service manager told the owner of the business "no". Don't ask me how that works. I'd fire him on the spot.

All that took roughly a week. Finally yesterday the owner of the company and my salesperson came out to my place and hauled it away to the grumpy, belligerent service manager to be "diagnosed". Upon seeing the broken bits the owner of the company said "that should not have broke".

We'll see what happens next.

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #92  
Get the regional AGCO service rep involved ASAP. He makes those calls as to whether AGCO will back it or not. Insist on talking directly with him and get his cell phone number (which I've done in the past.) The dealer is of course a big factor, advisory to AGCO, but does not make the decision. Keep good records. Plenty of pictures. The dealer SHOULD gladly provide the regional service reps contact info. If not it can be had via several calls, etc. to AGCO.

Hey, that "service manager at another location" was not the AGCO regional service rep was it !!?? That would be serious bad news.

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #93  
Get the regional AGCO service rep involved ASAP. He makes those calls as to whether AGCO will back it or not. Insist on talking directly with him and get his cell phone number (which I've done in the past.) The dealer is of course a big factor, advisory to AGCO, but does not make the decision. Keep good records. Plenty of pictures. The dealer SHOULD gladly provide the regional service reps contact info. If not it can be had via several calls, etc. to AGCO.

Hey, that "service manager at another location" was not the AGCO regional service rep was it !!?? That would be serious bad news.

^^^agree 100%

Nope, just a local store "service manager"

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #95  
Following.

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #96  
Get corporate involved (regional rep.) .... Local SM is a poor person to deal with, at least owner and sales manager are (maybe reluctantly) trying.... You probably need to go from top down, going from bottom up seems to have same effect as pushing on a rope....

When I wanted a specific model of a GC17xx, dealer did not have one on lot, BUT they managed to get one shipped in to them from another dealer 300 miles away... Not in stock means nothing... Had to wait 3 whole days....

Dale

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #97  
If mentioned I missed it, is the tractor insured? If so you need to notify them also. They should have their experts who will argue it is MF fault.

If mentioned I missed it, is the tractor insured? If so you need to notify them also. They should have their experts who will argue it is MF fault.

It is insured. Hopefully we do not have to go there.

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #99  
Nope, just a local store "service manager"

That's good. This is an interesting case of course, so let us snoopy people know what happens as the repair progresses. Good luck. I'm confident they will make it right.

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #100  
A cabbed 1740M is at the top of my list of replacement tractor candidates, edging out another Daedong product. The back end did look a little lighter to me, but I kinda dismissed it as being too accustomed to my probably overbuilt tractor. You've caused me to rethink this and literally cross the 1740M off the list. Thanks for taking the time to post your troubles, and the resolution process.