Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence?

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #71  
Wow, green paint hides a lot of things!

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #72  
   / Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #73  
   / Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #74  
You may want to check Orange prices...

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #75  
Can you keep the tractor and continue to use the loader etc. until the dealer has the new part in hand? At least then the you will have partial use while waiting for the part, which I image could be a long wait.

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #76  
Can you keep the tractor and continue to use the loader etc. until the dealer has the new part in hand? At least then the you will have partial use while waiting for the part, which I image could be a long wait.

I do not think I'm the only one saying the dealer should simply replace the tractor -- 3 hours !!?? Holy Cow ! AGCO and the dealer should have to work around this broken machine on their lot, NOT this owner on his lot. At very least they should be giving him a loaner during repairs (unless repairs are far shorter than I expect them to be.)

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #77  
A bit more looking around found a MF1735E whatever the E may mean, anyway new on dealer lot, that has a different design lift arm anchor than the 1735M No idea if this is "better" but probably is newer. Notice the web bracing is different and the single end pin support part of the housing is thinner but backed up by a rib making it overall thicker than the 1735M. Hmmm. Wonder what the story is ? Is the E model a cheaper 'economy' version ? Just newer? Was the differing design because the E model is a totally different tractor or because of a history of failures? Unlikely because of failure history because it does not look that much more robust if any... Notice that the E model has the single end supported post INBOARD rather than outboard of the cast metal. Very different.

20200628_MF1735E (2).jpg20200628_MF1735E (3).jpg20200628_MF1735E (1).jpg

Last edited:
   / Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #78  
If that happend to me, I would start to ask, what is that casting made out of ? I mean, you can cast something out of almost anything. It can be tried and true cast iron or melted down bicycles.

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #79  
A bit more looking around found a MF1735E whatever the E may mean, anyway new on dealer lot, that has a different design lift arm anchor than the 1735M No idea if this is "better" but probably is newer. Notice the web bracing is different and the single end pin support part of the housing is thinner but backed up by a rib making it overall thicker than the 1735M. Hmmm. Wonder what the story is ? Is the E model a cheaper 'economy' version ? Just newer? Was the differing design because the E model is a totally different tractor or because of a history of failures? Unlikely because of failure history because it does not look that much more robust if any... Notice that the E model has the single end supported post INBOARD rather than outboard of the cast metal. Very different.

View attachment 661478View attachment 661479View attachment 661477

The E is a totally different model and it is cheaper

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #80  
I'm amazed that more 3pt arm attachment points don't break. They can get some serious forces put on them - the pushing and side to side seem to be the worst. I've heard of more than a few problems with the aluminum rear castings on the economy John Deeres. My New Holland attaches with a clevis type arrangement.

The bolt through a single plate approach seems to be asking for trouble. That said, most of my 3pt implements have a bolt through a piece of heavy angle iron. The difference is that the "bolt" has a wider shoulder at the bottom to distribute the load. Also, if it fails, you have a bent piece of angle iron, not an expensive axle casting. That looks like a design flaw to me.