Building Lake Corona

/ Building Lake Corona #41  
Awesome!!!

Maybe you said already, do you have access to an Ex or are you renting one?

/ Building Lake Corona
Awesome!!!

Maybe you said already, do you have access to an Ex or are you renting one?

Going to have to rent one for a day.

/ Building Lake Corona #45  
I知 curious how the chains got you unstuck.
My ex has metal tracks. I can hook a chain to the track pads on both sides and winch myself out if a stable anchor is nearby.
hugs, Brandi

/ Building Lake Corona #46  
Watching.
Years ago our local village (Grantham) flooded taking houses and lives. The whole district was under water. There was a paddock that me and some buddies flew model planes that was submerged. Since then we refer to our flying paddock as Lake Grantham. Some would wonder why we call it that.

/ Building Lake Corona #47  
My ex has metal tracks. I can hook a chain to the track pads on both sides and winch myself out if a stable anchor is nearby.
hugs, Brandi

You must put them on the bottom? I'm trying to envision how that works. I've used a chain through the rear wheel of a farm tractor before, but have to be careful as it's easy to flip it that way.
It's much easier if the tractor has a loader.

/ Building Lake Corona #48  
You must put them on the bottom? I'm trying to envision how that works. I've used a chain through the rear wheel of a farm tractor before, but have to be careful as it's easy to flip it that way.
It's much easier if the tractor has a loader.
Put it on bottom. Imagine the track walking up the chain links. It helps to have wide tracks. Mine are 600mm, which is almost 2 feet wide. This works best with the bucket crowding in to help out. Only done this once. Most other times my 6520 is nearby to help out. But then you need another operator.
hugs, Brandi

/ Building Lake Corona
Well the rain missed us and with 25-35 mile an hour winds the last few days along with temps hitting 70 everything dried out really nice. Took another stab at digging the core trench with the trackloader today. I was able to get all the way across both sides. Trench is 7 feet wide, 3-1/2 to 4' deep. I was able to make it through the limestone and then hit very solid rock at the bottom. Looks like shale. Nothing I could do could get through it unfortunately. Where the shale is I'm 4 feet below the bottom of the pond level. Probably going to go ahead and fill with clay and build a small dam maybe 6-7 feet to start and see how the water holds before I spend a lot of time with tree removal and grading.

2020-03-29_05-48-42

2020-03-29_05-49-04

2020-03-29_05-48-56

2020-03-29_05-49-23