BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities

/ BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities #31  
I'll just add that if your trees haven't been cut yet, leave the stump 3 or 4 feet high so you can use it as a lever. Dig some, push/pull on the stump, dig some more and repeat. I sometimes use the FEL to push the stump over as far as it will go from various directions in between digging with the hoe. Speeds things up quite a bit.

Absolutely...!!!!! Makes stump pulling life so much easier....!!!!

/ BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities #32  

nikerret Thats AWESOMENESS right there...!!!!

/ BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities #33  
Absolutely...!!!!! Makes stump pulling life so much easier....!!!!
:thumbsup:
nikerret Thats AWESOMENESS right there...!!!!
In case you didn't know. You can click the box+ after the reply to quote on one you want to reply to then a reply to quote and both will come up for you to reply to without having to do two replies. Just information.

/ BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities #34  
I'll just add that if your trees haven't been cut yet, leave the stump 3 or 4 feet high so you can use it as a lever. Dig some, push/pull on the stump, dig some more and repeat. I sometimes use the FEL to push the stump over as far as it will go from various directions in between digging with the hoe. Speeds things up quite a bit.

Oh yeah! That's a big help when pulling stumps.

And I'll heartily agree to what has been said about soil conditions. If you have sand or gravel, it's a world of difference from clay.

And yes, you do need that FEL to stabilize it.

/ BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities
Whats the rule on the parking brake when using the BH? Couldn't find anything in the manual ......Should it be set when using the BH or not?

/ BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities #36  
Whats the rule on the parking brake when using the BH? Couldn't find anything in the manual ......Should it be set when using the BH or not?

I lock the brake whenever i use the BH. If an outrigger ever dropped for some odd reason, tractor will stay put.

/ BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities #37  

In case you didn't know. You can click the box+ after the reply to quote on one you want to reply to then a reply to quote and both will come up for you to reply to without having to do two replies. Just information.

Yeah thanks John, i knew that, but i cant chew gum and walk at the same time. So its one post at a time for me...lol.

/ BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities #38  
I lock the brake whenever i use the BH. If an outrigger ever dropped for some odd reason, tractor will stay put.

I personally do not. I drop the bucket with the edge down, and then the stabilizers. I never get off the backhoe if I am doing something simple like a trench and just lift the bucket and stabilizers and hit the HST petal with a small compact hoe (the garden kind guys)

/ BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities #39  
I personally do not. I drop the bucket with the edge down, and then the stabilizers. I never get off the backhoe if I am doing something simple like a trench and just lift the bucket and stabilizers and hit the HST petal with a small compact hoe (the garden kind guys)

I suppose if your in that much of a hurry, not a bad idea i guess.

/ BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities #40  
Saves me form getting off to set and unset the brake each time so it makes a difference when doing longer trenching 100+ft. I personally don't worry about the stabilizer failing as you only want to take some pressure off the rear of the tractor and not lift the wheels on these small machines. Setting the bucket really helps on steep hills (Im in WV so thats most of my land), keeps from skidding the tractor along.