BX23S - Should i keep the fuel filter

/ BX23S - Should i keep the fuel filter
Tired of having to prove something to another BXer

Go buy one.

Have 4 Kubotas having over 2000 hours on all of them I know what works and how it works, and an overpriced "kit" that has an old obsolete design and only does part of the job is not the answer.

David

Ok Dave, your point was clear, use what ever you like, but, obsolete, really...??? Tired of proving to other BXer`s, really...???
Well excuse me my friend, but 2,000hrs dosent make you the expert either.

Whatever, lets move on.

/ BX23S - Should i keep the fuel filter #44  
Hey I put one of those on mine because the stock filter got plugged after about 100hrs and caused some runability issues. Also water froze in it causing no start) So I removed the under floor filter and put the big one in its place (relocated as well). It has more capacity and you can easily see contaminates.

/ BX23S - Should i keep the fuel filter #45  
You did probably over pay a little for the "kit" but you got everything you wanted in 1 place without the research, fabrication and down time that I did. (You paid MORE and drank less beer) 1498715243015.jpg

/ BX23S - Should i keep the fuel filter #46  
I believe this kit is a good idea. I am not keen on changing that filter underneath, and I've seen other posts in which folks installed Racors or similar but the underneath filter was eliminated, not replaced as is the case here. The underneath filter is there for a good reason: to protect the fuel pump. This kit does that and makes changing the filter much easier, a win/win in my opinion. I've noticed the ebay seller is having difficulty keeping these kits in stock, so I'm hoping others here will chime in with their results/opinions.

You did probably over pay a little for the "kit" but you got everything you wanted in 1 place without the research, fabrication and down time that I did. (You paid MORE and drank less beer) View attachment 513749

Thank you for understanding...
Yup i realize i overpaid, but i had my reasons, and i didnt have to chase anything down or make anything... just a quick install & done.
Sometimes less beer is a good thing, because more beer can make a dumb decision even dumber...lol.

I believe this kit is a good idea. I am not keen on changing that filter underneath, and I've seen other posts in which folks installed Racors or similar but the underneath filter was eliminated, not replaced as is the case here. The underneath filter is there for a good reason: to protect the fuel pump. This kit does that and makes changing the filter much easier, a win/win in my opinion. I've noticed the ebay seller is having difficulty keeping these kits in stock, so I'm hoping others here will chime in with their results/opinions.

Your right George, he is a one man operation, but the quality is the main key why i bought from them. Its well thought out and requires no thinking to install it, everything is there to install it without a hiccup. I do know the guy personally that makes these kits, he will be on vacation for the whole month of july, so there is going to be some down time. He told me when he gets back that he will be making up alot more kits, so check back with ebay-botasandy in the first week of august.

/ BX23S - Should i keep the fuel filter #49  
If you have mad fabrication skills, the kit is a ripoff because you can build it yourself for less money. If you are like me though, I spent a bunch of time getting mine located in the correct spot and getting a bracket built for it. The kit seems like a good buy to me.

If you have mad fabrication skills, the kit is a ripoff because you can build it yourself for less money. If you are like me though, I spent a bunch of time getting mine located in the correct spot and getting a bracket built for it. The kit seems like a good buy to me.

Dave,
your absolutely right. Yes, you CAN do it cheaper, (i`ll never say you couldn`t) if you have the skills, knowledge, resources. I took the easy way out because i dont have time to chase after what i needed to get it done. I`ve worked in dealerships as a master tech for 30+yrs, i surely have the knowhow, so its not like i couldn`t have built my own kit, i knew i could. My problem is time...i dont have any time. Today, its all about multi-tasking, and convenience, whats the shortest path i can take if i spend the extra money. I look at it this way, if i can pay someone else to do something for me, i can be doing other thing`s, BUT, multi-tasking does have a price.

The people that aren`t thinking of why i went this "KIT" route dont really have an open mind about why i did what i did. Oh sure, i could have easily saved $75 bucks, but at what point is your time worth.

Dave, Thank you for understanding... you understand where some others dont, or either refuse to.