Buying Advice BX2680

/ BX2680 #11  
Good catch ,Thatç—´ the tractor I was talking about.I did buy it,I hope it works out,just need to pickup a mower deck.

Do yourself a favor...
While I like my drive-over deck on my BX, I found a major limiting factor of the drive-over just this year. I’m considering selling it for a standard deck.
I’ve never considered taking a deck off or putting it on a BX a big deal. It’s easy, but the drive over requires me leaving the barn, or relocating, to set up to drive off. The standard deck allowed me on my last BX to slide it out on casters without leaving my barn. Not a big deal, until this winter....
We had an early snow. The deck and rear bagger were on the BX. I HAD to remove the snow. My loader was not immediately accessible, so I opted for the front hydraulic blade. I didn’t want to take the bagger off, as I knew the coming weeks would be warm again, and despite this rouge snowstorm, I’d certainly be bagging again in November. The problem was, I had to take my truck out of the barn to reposition the BX to drive off the deck. Then, opening the overhead door list all my heat, and let snow in. Clearly, not the big issue, but had I not had the drive-over deck, I could have slid the deck out from underneath the tractor, hooked up the front quick-disconnect frame, then the blade, and been pushing snow. Instead, I had to do the vehicle-tractor jockey thing, then take the secondary lift/alignment chassis off AFTER the mower deck, as the front Q/D frame will not attach to the tractor frame with the mower chassis attached. The same is expected with the front snowblower. This may not be a big deal for some, but just know, the drive-over deck DOES limit some of your versatility. PLUS, you need to remove the ramps after installing if you ever want an easy job of cleaning the deck of leaves and grass clippings, and cancel out the rattling they present while mowing. Just my $0.02.

/ BX2680
Do yourself a favor...
While I like my drive-over deck on my BX, I found a major limiting factor of the drive-over just this year. I知 considering selling it for a standard deck.
I致e never considered taking a deck off or putting it on a BX a big deal. It痴 easy, but the drive over requires me leaving the barn, or relocating, to set up to drive off. The standard deck allowed me on my last BX to slide it out on casters without leaving my barn. Not a big deal, until this winter....
We had an early snow. The deck and rear bagger were on the BX. I HAD to remove the snow. My loader was not immediately accessible, so I opted for the front hydraulic blade. I didn稚 want to take the bagger off, as I knew the coming weeks would be warm again, and despite this rouge snowstorm, I壇 certainly be bagging again in November. The problem was, I had to take my truck out of the barn to reposition the BX to drive off the deck. Then, opening the overhead door list all my heat, and let snow in. Clearly, not the big issue, but had I not had the drive-over deck, I could have slid the deck out from underneath the tractor, hooked up the front quick-disconnect frame, then the blade, and been pushing snow. Instead, I had to do the vehicle-tractor jockey thing, then take the secondary lift/alignment chassis off AFTER the mower deck, as the front Q/D frame will not attach to the tractor frame with the mower chassis attached. The same is expected with the front snowblower. This may not be a big deal for some, but just know, the drive-over deck DOES limit some of your versatility. PLUS, you need to remove the ramps after installing if you ever want an easy job of cleaning the deck of leaves and grass clippings, and cancel out the rattling they present while mowing. Just my $0.02.
Thanks for input.I have done some inquiring and pretty much everybody is on the same wavelength as you, even the dealers i have spoken with have said the same thing,dont buy drive over deck.Thanks again

/ BX2680 #13  
Congrats on your tractor purchase. We love pics.

/ BX2680
Got her home today removed the fel ,front blower installed .Needs a bath hopefully it warms up tomorrow enough to clean her up.

/ BX2680
IMG_1250.jpgIMG_1247.jpgIMG_1248.jpgIMG_1249.jpg

/ BX2680 #16  
That’s a beauty. Looks like it’s never been used. Good luck with your new purchase!

/ BX2680
RCK60B23BX is the Kubota number for mower deck, not sure about bagger

/ BX2680 #19  
RCK60B23BX is the Kubota number for mower deck, not sure about bagger

Bagger is the GCK60-26BX. Same as used on the BX2670. I have one. You DO have to watch to make sure you get the correct boot kit depending on your mower.... standard or drive-over.

/ BX2680
Bagger is the GCK60-26BX. Same as used on the BX2670. I have one. You DO have to watch to make sure you get the correct boot kit depending on your mower.... standard or drive-over.

Thanks for info on bagger.Contacted salesman that originally sold tractor, he is willing to knock off $400 on new mower deck, pretty sure i will go that direction.