Can't see when welding

/ Can't see when welding #71  
"You obviously were not in a Ford auto assembly plant in the 60's and 70's building the LTD's"
Your right, never welded in an auto plant, 35lb of wire in a day tells me you earn your pay for sure, I was going to ask how the guys before you tacked with 5/32 rod but you said not to.
The most I done in a day was 5 rolls of .045 wire, 10lb ea. I've eye ball measured several times that that one roll does about 80 ft. of 1/4" weld, and the constant cleaning of weld spatter is at times more work then welding.

I'm not a car builder, more of a ship builder, there miles and miles of welding in this ship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uODo63d3exk

That ship in the video sure does not look like the two I was on back in 65 and 67.

/ Can't see when welding #72  
Can wait to hear how you like the Antra AH6 helmet. I am trying to decide if I should try something other than my cheap HF auto darkening helmet. I too have issues seeing the puddle.

/ Can't see when welding
It came in today. The material the mask is made out of seems more like a plastic than the fiber like material of my previous masks. It came with several outer clear lens covers and a couple inside lens covers, as well as a spare set of batteries. I got a cheater with it as well. I haven't used it yet but I played with the controls, just using a lamp as a light source and I am impressed as of now. The 5 or 6 setting I think will be great for oxy/ac welding and I feel pretty good that a 6-7 will work for me for mig. It is very responsive.

I'll know more when I actually use it, but so far so good.

/ Can't see when welding #74  
Yea most of the newer ones these days are thinner and flexible. Nice and light though... Did you get to try it out yet? I have narrowed it down to this or the Jackson WH40.

/ Can't see when welding
See completed post above.