Chain Storage Ideas Wanted

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #51  
THANKS for everyones ideas...The were all very good.

I decided that I was WAY over thinking. This is what I ended up doing - I installed one small tool box on the fender and it over hangs - I have just some wrenchs, hammer etc...and it caught the quick hitch but I tightened up the lift arm chains and its seems to have stopped... the other one is mounted between the rear upright on the ROPS. You can notice that the husky tool box lost a battle with the 3 point hitch....a little adjusting upwards and banging out the crushed bottom and sides and it works for storing my chain. I think this box will also hold a car battery that will run the winch I have to get me unstuck from time to time.
100_3991.jpg

100_3994.jpg

100_3992.jpg

100_3993.jpg
I've just added the Yanmar red toolbox/storagebox to the YM2610. This will be a time saver of having hitch pins, pliers, a couple bungee straps, and other things right with the machine. It's big enough for chain storage too. I can just place an internal divider for it. :)
20230507_134856 - Copy.jpg

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #52  
I loop my chain through the "eye hole" brackets on the top rear of the FEL bucket/

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #53  
Long ago I 'temporarily' bolted some Cold Shuts (chain splices) into holes that were already on the loader, to do a one-time task.

p1060289runloadtiller-jpg.199681

Once the were on there I found they were useful for everything so I left them. Subsequently I've found they are sufficient for any weight the loader can lift, 750 lbs.

673366-img_3091bucket-logs-jpg.39929

Now the chains are either looped on there, (yeah I know this elderly Yanmar is ugly. Prior owner abuse!) -

843562-img_6494rropsfront-jpg.52202

or else the chains live in a golf bag on the loader pedestal. Hooked over the top lip so I can verify at a glance that they're there.

p1030633rgolfbagtoolcarrier-front-jpg.230306

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #54  
Wish @Scottydive would come back and let us know how his tractor has held up over the years!

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #55  
I was thinking of putting some hooks on my grill guard and
hanging some chains on them towards the bucket if you have
room

willy

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #56  
I use the 3” capped pvc pipe bolted to the FEL upright to store my chains.

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #57  
I use the 3” capped pvc pipe bolted to the FEL upright to store my chains.
You reminded me - on my smaller Yanmar I have two 1.5" pvc pipes strapped to the left loader pedestal. Usually the long handle pruner is carried there for my orchard. Or occasionally I carry the shovel and rake.

img-20210322-01rbackbladeinlane-jpg.699999

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #58  
Shop sent the Wrecker and dropped the NTM Ford off Yesterday to it's new home! Already setup with chain hooks from the prev. owner. He a chained on hay spear. Looks like I'm going with Vevor tractor forks. And then use the chain hooks and chain cut trees etc. to the forks.

Attachments

• 000_0275.JPG
    000_0275.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
   / Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #59  
You reminded me - on my smaller Yanmar I have two 1.5" pvc pipes strapped to the left loader pedestal. Usually the long handle pruner is carried there for my orchard. Or occasionally I carry the shovel and rake.

img-20210322-01rbackbladeinlane-jpg.699999
With all that fence it either looks like the boundary of a military installation, or a school or prisons.🤣