Snow CT2025 Engine Heater needed?

/ CT2025 Engine Heater needed? #1  

dfude

Tractor
Bobcat CT2025 (many years with an AC WD-45)
This is my 1st winter in Minnesota with a Bobcat CT2025 (diesel). I've had an old Allis for 40+ years but have no experience with diesels/glow plugs. In my area a lot of times a severe cold snap follows a big snow (e.g.- goes to -20 or so). I am worried my diesel won't start in my unheated pole shed when I really need it. Are the magnetic oil pan heaters worth $60-100? or is there something better? Thanks!

/ CT2025 Engine Heater needed? #2  

Attachments

• bobcat.png
    bobcat.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
   / CT2025 Engine Heater needed? #3  
The oil pan heater will help the engine turn over more easily. It won't do much for the ignition of the fuel. The glow plugs may warm things adequately to help the fuel ignite. Some kind of heater int the water jacket would help greatly if such a heater is available for your tractor.

/ CT2025 Engine Heater needed? #4  
Bobcat also has a Fuel Bypass kit. PN 7276266, 7401548 that works to heat up the fuel. Bobcat dealer should be able to help.

/ CT2025 Engine Heater needed?
Thanks for all the help. I also looked at at one of those magnetic oil pan heaters, but the pan doesn't seem to be steel (magnet didn't stick); some kind of cerakote over a composite, I think...although I can't imagine an oil pan not being steel???

/ CT2025 Engine Heater needed? #6  
Probably aluminum. My Ct235 is .

/ CT2025 Engine Heater needed? #8  
Probably best off with the block heater. My magnet will not stick to my CT 225 pan either I believe it is aluminum.

/ CT2025 Engine Heater needed? #9  
I just confirmed with my Bobcat Tractor team. The pan is aluminum.

/ CT2025 Engine Heater needed? #10  
I am also in Minnesota and have never had a problem with my tractor starting. I had a block heater installed when I purchase it and I always use a diesel anti gel in the fuel.