Customer Service no longer exists

/ Customer Service no longer exists #71  
Our Ponderosa closed in 2020. The building was torn down and there's a Culver's there now.
The one by the airport that my friend started at was torn down many years ago. Hotel there now, I believe.

The one he moved to in Mishawaka closed, a pretty good Chinese place moved from a tiny store into the old Ponderosa, and there's a helicopter on the roof.

(click to enlarge).

99219C4C-4D26-4E59-A79F-8F0EB002BA30.jpeg

/ Customer Service no longer exists #72  
Our local butcher often has whole boneless rib eyes on sale. You have to buy the whole thing. But it's usually $5-6 a pound. They weigh 14 pound average, but we usually get one that's bigger than that. We always end up with about 20-22 steaks for under $100. So less than $5 per steak. We've gotten pretty good at cooking them. So we rarely order steak at restaurants. We'll try something we haven't had before instead.

Eggs are $1.50 a dozen. Or you can get 10 dozen for $10.00.

Sometimes we do that and split them with family and friends.

/ Customer Service no longer exists #73  
Eggs are $1.50 a dozen. Or you can get 10 dozen for $10.00.

Sometimes we do that and split them with family and friends.
Your butcher is rustling cattle and stealing eggs so don't be surprised if you find his place boarded up.:confused:

/ Customer Service no longer exists #74  
Your butcher is rustling cattle and stealing eggs so don't be surprised if you find his place boarded up.:confused:
It's an interesting place. Don't go there on a Saturday. There are often 30-40 people ahead of you. 10-12 people waiting on customers, and another 10 behind the glass cutting meat.

/ Customer Service no longer exists #75  
Our local butcher often has whole boneless rib eyes on sale. You have to buy the whole thing. But it's usually $5-6 a pound. They weigh 14 pound average, but we usually get one that's bigger than that. We always end up with about 20-22 steaks for under $100. So less than $5 per steak. We've gotten pretty good at cooking them. So we rarely order steak at restaurants. We'll try something we haven't had before instead.

We have a store about 20 miles from us that has T-bones on sale for $5.99 or $6.99 quite often. I call ahead and have them cut about 20 for us an inch or more thick. We broke down and bought a nice stainless Weber a couple years ago. My favorite meal is T-bone medium rare, baked potato, salad, and several glasses of red wine. Weather permitting we eat on our covered porch listening to some good music. There isn't a restaurant in the world that can beat that in my opinion. Now I'm hungry.

Last edited:
   / Customer Service no longer exists #76  
We have a store about 20 miles from us that has T-bones on sale for $5.99 or $6.99 quite often. I call ahead and have them cut about 20 for us an inch or more thick. We broke down and bought a nice stainless Weber a couple years ago. My favorite meal is T-bone medium rare, baked potato, salad, and several glasses of red wine. Weather permitting we eat on our covered porch listening to some good music. There isn't a restaurant in the world that can beat that in my opinion. Now I'm hungry.

Can I beg an invite? :LOL:

/ Customer Service no longer exists #77  

I wish I could hit the good post button twice on that! (y) (y)

/ Customer Service no longer exists #78  
Is Ponderosa still around? I not so fondly remember years ago going to one and the steak was so loaded with tenderizer, it was horrible...
Never had them around here, but back in the 70s/80s I'd eat there on business trips to the midwest. Not much of a steak guy, but I thought they were OK, plus unlimited salad bar, all for a really low price.
Went to Applebees for my wife's birthday (I paid) of course and we both had the Ribeye with a side of onion rings and salad. Wasn't cheap but it was excellent and so was the service. Eating out today (no matter where you go, isn't cheap anymore). Steaks were done exactly like we like them too. I was pretty impressed.
We have both Applebees and 99 nearby, both have decent food, reasonable prices and good service. Don't eat out often, but we've never had a bad experience at either one. Never fails though, when we find an appetizer we really like they always discontinue it right after the first visit and replace it with something not so appealing.

/ Customer Service no longer exists #79  
Our local Applebees closed, they tore it down, and put up a Chick-fil-A.

/ Customer Service no longer exists #80  
I'm currently experiencing problems with my email on this computer. I have contacted my IP and the computer company.

It's TRULY AMAZING how quickly the service techs identify the root of this problem exists with the other company.

I wonder how long they laugh/chuckle after a discussion with me on this problem.

Another sucker down the drain............