Daylight Savings Time---yes or no?

/ Daylight Savings Time---yes or no? #31  
Also agree. :thumbsup:

/ Daylight Savings Time---yes or no? #32  
I guess I go to bed earlier than you. Harder to get to sleep when it's still light. Here there's still daylight at 9:30 or 10:00. I would like some daylight in the morning at work.
Why don't you just start work an hour later. You could go to bed an hour later and wake up an hour later.

/ Daylight Savings Time---yes or no? #33  
When I was in charge of the police communications division, once a year the night shift employees got paid one hour of overtime for the extra hour. But when the time changed back, they did NOT get docked for the 7 hour shift.

And many years later, I was doing gas leakage surveys in Texas, then went to do one in the eastern edge of Arizona, and I had one of their employees with me all the time on that job. Now I'm an early riser and like to get started on the day's work, but that little change meant I couldn't go to work until what to me was 10 a.m.

I don't care which time they use; just wish they'd pick one and stay with it instead of changing twice a year.

/ Daylight Savings Time---yes or no? #34  
I vote no. Let the business adjust their time when they open or close and employees start or finish times, but keep the time constant.

/ Daylight Savings Time---yes or no? #35  
DST is the perfect example of government stupidity in action.

We should be embarrassed as a nation.

/ Daylight Savings Time---yes or no? #36  
DST is the perfect example of government stupidity in action.

We should be embarrassed as a nation.

"We" are the government. "We" must like it. :)

/ Daylight Savings Time---yes or no? #38  
I've heard several excuses for this boondoggle, from farmers to school busses to railroads but in truth it's just another way for those that rule to show their authority . I've always disliked it and always will.

/ Daylight Savings Time---yes or no? #39  
We've flip flopped so many times I don't even know what regular time is or isn't anymore. What I do know is it's utterly moronic to get home at 530 pm and it be pitch black 30 minutes later. Us people that live in the country still have things to get done in evening.

/ Daylight Savings Time---yes or no? #40  
We've flip flopped so many times I don't even know what regular time is or isn't anymore. What I do know is it's utterly moronic to get home at 530 pm and it be pitch black 30 minutes later. Us people that live in the country still have things to get done in evening.

Yep. Clock punching rural people suffer when it rolls back. They would benefit from DST year round.