Deck trailer / DIY livestock trailer

/ Deck trailer / DIY livestock trailer #11  
Timmer92, some things to consider: 1) solid front to protect stock from slipstream. They WILL move to the back of the trailer to try to get out of the wind. This can cause a tail happy trailer and crash.

2) Have 1 divider gate and 1/4 1/2 and 3/4 positions to latch into for part loads.

3) Rubber or steel mesh floor to provide secure footing for stock. Downer animals are a pain to stand back up.

4)Provision for floor to be hosed out as crap rusts steel like salt.

5) wings for beaver tail to meet up with loading ramp.

/ Deck trailer / DIY livestock trailer
Timmer92, some things to consider: 1) solid front to protect stock from slipstream. They WILL move to the back of the trailer to try to get out of the wind. This can cause a tail happy trailer and crash.

2) Have 1 divider gate and 1/4 1/2 and 3/4 positions to latch into for part loads.

3) Rubber or steel mesh floor to provide secure footing for stock. Downer animals are a pain to stand back up.

4)Provision for floor to be hosed out as crap rusts steel like salt.

5) wings for beaver tail to meet up with loading ramp.

That is very helpful. Thanks!

/ Deck trailer / DIY livestock trailer
So, those livestock trailer inserts are made by Ranger Gate company. I just ordered a Diamond C 16 dump trailer and also ordering a livestock insert. They will also make the gates any custom size. Cost just over 3K. Easy in, easy out.

(Can稚 post link due to only two posts...)

Thanks! These seem to be a thing in the South but not the North. I found 3 companies and 2 out of 3 of them didn't have any distributors up in my neck of the woods. The other said the LTL costs would likely make it unreasonable. Even at $3k I'm pretty sure I can build something for much less.

/ Deck trailer / DIY livestock trailer #14  
Understand your comments. Will have a wind deflector in place (have military runway tarp for that), the trailer comes with two gates for separation, will use livestock mat for floor buffer. Will have to fab something for the ramps to make it an easy transition. Will always wash out the trailer due to the fact that it will be a primary “dump” trailer for equipment, debris etc (side business). Just needed to get a trailer for multifunction work. I’m not going to invest in a “livestock” only trailer to use twice a year.

I called the mfg directly and they will ship it unassembled and it won’t cost that much. (The other distrubutors have the unit already assembled and that was expensive to ship due to size.

Thanks for all the advise. All ideas are appreciated

/ Deck trailer / DIY livestock trailer #15  
Thanks! These seem to be a thing in the South but not the North. I found 3 companies and 2 out of 3 of them didn't have any distributors up in my neck of the woods. The other said the LTL costs would likely make it unreasonable. Even at $3k I'm pretty sure I can build something for much less.

Understand your comments. Will have a wind deflector in place (have military runway tarp for that), the trailer comes with two gates for separation, will use livestock mat for floor buffer. Will have to fab something for the ramps to make it an easy transition. Will always wash out the trailer due to the fact that it will be a primary “dump” trailer for equipment, debris etc (side business). Just needed to get a trailer for multifunction work. I’m not going to invest in a “livestock” only trailer to use twice a year.

I called the mfg directly and they will ship it unassembled and it won’t cost that much. (The other distrubutors have the unit already assembled and that was expensive to ship due to size.

Thanks for all the advise. All ideas are appreciated

Please update us with pictures when y'all get these built.