Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #31  
Presently building a garage when I can get to Georgia. In fact I drive there on Thursday ( most of the day to get there). I will have Friday and Saturday to work. And drive back to SW Florida on Sunday.

Attachments

• KIMG2053.jpg
    KIMG2053.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 295
   / Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #32  
We have a 32x50x10. I don't park my 1705 massey in there it sits in my garage. However the pole barn is full with implements and a loft i built inside. When I say full I still have the ability to grab an attachment and hook it up. I generally do not have to jockey a bunch of stuff around to get to a certain implement. So while I could put more in it I don't want to.
Shared album - Google user - Google Photos

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #33  
I already had an implement shed for my tractor. It needs a little TLC but it’s great!

0FB227B8-30B4-420B-9178-7EB9951BAD04.jpeg

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #34  
Both. I parked my tractors in a shed I built, in my shop and under my carport.

Equip shed finished-1 (Medium).JPGShop-1.JPGDSCF0006.JPG

The shop was contracted out. I poured the concrete foundation for the carport and had it installed as part of the purchase price.

Good luck

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #35  
Do you build your own Dolly痴 or does someone make decent heavy duty ones. I知 thinking for my 500ish pound snow blower and whatnot in the off season.

Reviving an old thread -

After shopping dollies and seeing they were fairly expensive and lightweight, I bought some heavy duty casters at the local Tractor Supply store and some thick plywood and made my own. Moving my 400 lb. chipper and ballast box around is smooth and easy.

Attachments

• dolly 4.jpg
    dolly 4.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 206
  • dolly 3.jpg
    dolly 3.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 178
  • dolly 2.jpg
    dolly 2.jpg
    599.6 KB · Views: 182
   / Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #36  
I went with a 24 X 24 stick built structure - concrete floor, electric, insulated. Bigger is almost always better because you inevitably run out of room, but I'm happy with the scale of the building as it sits on my property. I'm glad I went with a tall overhead door because the rollover protection barely fits when it's up. I love looking at all the buildings guys post on here. Lots of great work spaces and finishes to choose from. Post pictures of your final project if you can.

Detached Garage.jpg

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #37  
Hey folks,

Soon to be first time tractor owner, what have y'all done for tractor parking? Shed, pole barn, pre-fab unit, carport, etc.

Thanks for any input.....if you have some pictures I'd love to see them.

FYI....I'm planning on a cab and probably anywhere from a 35hp to 55hp. Just don't want it to sit out in the weather.

Oops, just found the search window and saw some great designs. Feel free to delete this post.

Built way back in about 2003 or 2004. Only cost about $49k then. Contractor came by for something else 2 or 3 years ago and said he probably could not build it for less that $100k now.

I just included any pics that has what we call our "carriage house" in it. Solar panels were added about 5 years or so ago. It has a full drive-out basement in the back. Can run the tractor in down there, too.

Ralph

Attachments

• CarriageHseSep01.jpg
    CarriageHseSep01.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 83 Benz 005.jpg
    83 Benz 005.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 1025 19Jul2013 (1).JPG
    1025 19Jul2013 (1).JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Snow Feb 2010 (5).JPG
    Snow Feb 2010 (5).JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Snow Feb 2010 (2).JPG
    Snow Feb 2010 (2).JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 175
  • Carriage Hse Frt Oct04.JPG
    Carriage Hse Frt Oct04.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 172
  • Mazda3 Sept 2016 (4).JPG
    Mazda3 Sept 2016 (4).JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Solar Panels 4Nov2015.JPG
    Solar Panels 4Nov2015.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 196
   / Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #38  
I envy those with a concrete pad and implements on casters. One of my great difficulties is swapping implements. And I have the Pat's Easy Change System. It's hard to get the pins lined up - particularly since I have vision only in one eye. As for storage, I had a 14 by 35 garage unit brought in when I built my house - needed it for furniture storage for almost a year. It's been insulated, wired with plenty of outlets and is now a nice warm workshop. I built a 10 by 35 shed against one side with sheet metal roofing and store my JD and a couple of large riding mowers there. Implements generally sit out on the gravel parking area.

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #39  
Did you build or buy your tractor shed?

LOL, no, my CUT is of a hardy breed and likes the outdoor pure air. I do however plug it in so that it is ready to serve my needs.
So far after 20 years it has not let me down.

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #40  
D235F605-0298-45BC-BFB1-44C11BC6DA60.jpeg530C9CE2-216E-4365-B268-D62A66794AE2.jpeg

I have two shipping containers. One is a regular height container and the Mahindra 2615 fits nicely. The other is a high cube while snug the cabbed Kubota 5460 fits. At some point I will build a roof between the two for implement storage. I have a perfectly good lean to on an old barn on the property but the squirrels and mice prevent me from parking a tractor in it.

Shipping containers work great for me. No leaks, no mice, no bugs and they are cheap. I would not want a container in my back yard but these are at my rural property and out of sight of the cabin and road.