Do you know what the purple paint law is?

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #281  
   / Do you know what the purple paint law is? #282  
funny you say that. there is a vision test given to men and women. on a sheet of paper painted red, most men see 2 distinct shades of red. women see 6 or 7 shades....or something like that.
Funny that you say THAT! My wife bought a used leather footstool/seat sort of thing. She insists that it is orange. Myself, with backup from our kids, told her it is dark red. The top was badly in need of polish/conditioning so I ordered some online, in dark red. Of course, it matched perfectly. She still insists it is orange. Our long standing understanding is that she is simply hue-blind. She can tell the color family apart, but is absolutely awful at matching or coordinating shades of color. I suppose it is good that I have a better eye than some guys. I think the bigger thing for your example is not that guys don't see different shades, we just don't use different names for them typically. We tend to use the names from the 8-16 Crayola boxes. Women are much more likely to use the 64 or more boxes, if you follow me. Of course, as in my case, your mileage may vary.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #283  
Funny that you say THAT! My wife bought a used leather footstool/seat sort of thing. She insists that it is orange. Myself, with backup from our kids, told her it is dark red. The top was badly in need of polish/conditioning so I ordered some online, in dark red. Of course, it matched perfectly. She still insists it is orange. Our long standing understanding is that she is simply hue-blind. She can tell the color family apart, but is absolutely awful at matching or coordinating shades of color. I suppose it is good that I have a better eye than some guys. I think the bigger thing for your example is not that guys don't see different shades, we just don't use different names for them typically. We tend to use the names from the 8-16 Crayola boxes. Women are much more likely to use the 64 or more boxes, if you follow me. Of course, as in my case, your mileage may vary.
That does generally seem to be the case with men ....until it comes to vehicle paint colors :cool:

My wife and I are also reversed when it comes to the usage of the different names since she's far more likely to stick to the 8 color box than I am - though I'll probably not use the "proper name" for the color unless I know it given there are so many different hues and shades available (and with so many different non-memorable names).

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #284  
Kubota orange becomes pink-ish after long term sun exposure
As does Kioti orange, though for some reason it seems to affect the rims more than the tractor itself.
Funny that you say THAT! My wife bought a used leather footstool/seat sort of thing. She insists that it is orange. Myself, with backup from our kids, told her it is dark red. The top was badly in need of polish/conditioning so I ordered some online, in dark red. Of course, it matched perfectly. She still insists it is orange. Our long standing understanding is that she is simply hue-blind. She can tell the color family apart, but is absolutely awful at matching or coordinating shades of color.
Color blindness is quite rare in women, much more common in men.
I have the more common red-green color blindness. It's not that I can't see those colors, but certain shades of each look more brown to me. When I was a teenager I had a pair of pants that my mother insisted were olive green, but I always called them brown. She just thought that I was being a smart@ss. I took one of those color blindness tests where you're supposed to be able to see numbers among a series of dots. I was 1 for 20. :eek:

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #285  
If it's a real news show...they should be required to report that information...rather than letting anyone that reads or hears the story think the goofball is actually from FL...they should name the state that the perp is actually a product of...!

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #286  
If it's a real news show...they should be required to report that information...rather than letting anyone that reads or hears the story think the goofball is actually from FL...they should name the state that the perp is actually a product of...!
And that matters because...?

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #287  
And that matters because...?
If you're not actually from FL (born there before the boom aka Disney etc.) I don't expect many to get the full gist of the peeve...
How many times do you hear or read "Florida man" or "Florida woman" followed by some heinous act...most automatically assume said man or woman is actually a native of FL...most likely not...

Florida may be a hotbed of low IQ, low moral stupid criminal type characters...but a majority of them came from places to the north or west...

They used to just be transient (they went home in the summer) but now they have stayed (and taken over) and arrest records do not show from where they are actually from and didn't learn the difference between right and wrong...!

Oh and if you're in FL and you see a car with a FL tag driving poorly...it's likely a noob and only changed residences a few years ago but still hasn't learned to drive right yet...LoL...!

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #288  
/pine...
Did you just say that people born and raised in Florida before the Disney boom are better people?

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #289  
It happened in FLA... Where, btw, I think 99% of the Cops shows were filmed.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #290  
/pine...
Did you just say that people born and raised in Florida before the Disney boom are better people?
No...what I was saying is...the boom that Disney started also started a mini baby boom (in FL) born to recently transplanted people from elsewhere...the persona and native Floridian reputability was gone forever...but that was just the beginning...
...it didn't take long for recent transplants to start taking advantage if even more recent transplants...poor reputations multiplied...

FWIW...in 1960 the population of FL was less than 5 MM...now it is close to 22MM....it was about 7MM when Disney was building and buying up land...