DPF and Emission Controls vs Models

/ DPF and Emission Controls vs Models #51  
We just exported the pollution. Which is global, so it's like virtue signaling

/ DPF and Emission Controls vs Models #52  
Just like those container ships coming from China destined for what ever country, mostly the U.S. have the pollution built in when the ship arrives. They never seem to be concerned about that. Kinda like cruise ships driving around and not accomplishing anything but pollution so people can gamble and spread viruses.

/ DPF and Emission Controls vs Models #53  
In the 1960's I travelled to New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco regularly on business. The air was so polluted I was ill by the end of almost every trip. Now there are, I am guessing, twice as many vehicles on the road and when fire smoke is not bad, one can breathe reasonably well.

I could not disagree with you more.

Tier IV technology tractors emit only about 1% of the cancer causing diesel soot emitted by a pre-Tier IV tractor
I see that argument constantly. Its a strawman argument. its not 1960 anymore. We fixed the problems. You dont keep fixing non problems until... Forever. What ammount of emissions will be acceptable? If you can't see that things are getting out of hand, I don't know what to tell you. We are debating cow farts that is insanity. Why do they talk about cow farts and not the billions of tons of animals on the African plains? I would rather kill every last elephant and zebra and enjoy a steak.

/ DPF and Emission Controls vs Models #54  
I have made thise trips and never had an issue. But from the 50s to the 80s was the major change. From power plants, factories, trains, cars, trucks, airplanes and much more. In the late 60s the first thing on cars was positive crankcase ventilation. That was the major change that did the most good for cars. Diesels can largely be cleaned by just a balanced fuel air ratio. Soot is simply excess fuel. The rest is just nickel and dime by comparison. But there is money in smog control and they will bleed it to the last penny! California has their bureaucracy know as CARB, with an annual budget of over $1B they cannot kill that virus. Just their existence is polluting. Importing people certainly adds pollution, running around campaigning in a 747 accompanied by two F16s and KC 135 tanker certainly makes a bit of pollution. Now they are pushing digging up the earth using Diesel fuel to extract minerals which is shipped around the globe (burning fuel) for processing and then it is packed to plastic (oil based) cells to make electric fuel tanks so cars can relocate the pollution. Fact check, it takes 500,000 gallons of water to make ONE metric ton of lithium OMG! Not to mention these tanks hold less every time they are filled. Cars are not a huge source of pollution today. Just visible to the public. Watch the documentary on Dubai airport and you will see how much fuel is spent on GOING FAST when they launch an airplane holding 40,000 gallons of fuel or more every minute! With the largest fleet of Airbus 380s in the world. This airport was only built to make money and compete as a stopover against other hubs. Make money it does with duty free shops making over $1B annually. Keep in mind they are not the busiest. To think that they are pushing electric power as some kind of earth saver is simply insane.

/ DPF and Emission Controls vs Models
Yep, INSANE.

/ DPF and Emission Controls vs Models #56  
I have made thise trips and never had an issue. But from the 50s to the 80s was the major change. From power plants, factories, trains, cars, trucks, airplanes and much more. In the late 60s the first thing on cars was positive crankcase ventilation. That was the major change that did the most good for cars. Diesels can largely be cleaned by just a balanced fuel air ratio. Soot is simply excess fuel. The rest is just nickel and dime by comparison. But there is money in smog control and they will bleed it to the last penny! California has their bureaucracy know as CARB, with an annual budget of over $1B they cannot kill that virus. Just their existence is polluting. Importing people certainly adds pollution, running around campaigning in a 747 accompanied by two F16s and KC 135 tanker certainly makes a bit of pollution. Now they are pushing digging up the earth using Diesel fuel to extract minerals which is shipped around the globe (burning fuel) for processing and then it is packed to plastic (oil based) cells to make electric fuel tanks so cars can relocate the pollution. Fact check, it takes 500,000 gallons of water to make ONE metric ton of lithium OMG! Not to mention these tanks hold less every time they are filled. Cars are not a huge source of pollution today. Just visible to the public. Watch the documentary on Dubai airport and you will see how much fuel is spent on GOING FAST when they launch an airplane holding 40,000 gallons of fuel or more every minute! With the largest fleet of Airbus 380s in the world. This airport was only built to make money and compete as a stopover against other hubs. Make money it does with duty free shops making over $1B annually. Keep in mind they are not the busiest. To think that they are pushing electric power as some kind of earth saver is simply insane.
Our rulers and your betters want all the natural beauty and great expanses of the world to themselves. Gov of Michigan says no boating then gets caught on a boat, Gov of Ca. says no gathering then get caught with his rich friends gathering at the most expensive eatery in the area, mayor of Chicago says all beauty business must decline customers, Then gets caught, same as the previous house speaker. Imagine that. Owning Michigans vast waterways all to yourself, driving around California no traffic, no dealing with plebeians except those serving you. These people are INSANE. I'm on TV of course I need to have a beauty appointment. That was one of the for real excuses. While you are literally beaten by police for hiking on a trail. 15 minute cities are no conspiracy theory, agenda 2030 is not a conspiracy, own nothing and be happy is not some made up right wing kook fever dream. Does not matter to me Im old, and have made preparations to be as minimally effected as possible on our income. But the younger, poorer, less innovative generations will never know what real freedom is and live with a boot on their face forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / DPF and Emission Controls vs Models #57  
Of course they are duped from birth.

/ DPF and Emission Controls vs Models #58  
I remember brown smoggy skies in the 1960-70s. And there was often pollution alerts warning people with respiratory problems to stay indoors. We also witnessed acid rain killing forests and rivers that caught fire. Nixon’s clean air and water acts made a difference over so many years. I imagine many people posting are too young to remember those days.
I'm not too young. I lived, worked, flew, and jogged in Pittsburgh in the mid '70s. You could chew the air. Only problem was it took a Special VFR clearance to get in and out of the AGC Control Zone (as they called it then) when flying VFR. Visibility hovered between 1.5 and 2 miles for weeks at a time.

Pittsburgh still had steel mills then. They made steel there. A lot of people with HS educations made big salaries working in the mills. 'Enlightened' people decided this was bad.

One thing I actually liked about Pittsburgh then was that you could take a big lungful of Pittsburgh air and tell it had done a day's work. That was air that could make a person proud. It hadn't wasted its time flitting among the daisies.

There are worse things than air pollution. Why risk finding out about them?

/ DPF and Emission Controls vs Models #59  
You mean it was those factories and not the cars? That’s why China is IFR all the time. Factories. Their EVs are the most polluting in the world.

/ DPF and Emission Controls vs Models #60  
You mean it was those factories and not the cars? That’s why China is IFR all the time. Factories. Their EVs are the most polluting in the world.
Those cars were big polluters back then also.