Echo issues??

/ Echo issues?? #11  
Have you checked the exhaust port and muffler to make sure it's not blocked? I am grasping at straws here, as simple as two-strokes are, but you may as well check all the possibilities.

The only time you get full compression is when the piston goes up past the exhaust port. In every other position, you get at least some venting through the exhaust. Intake can only let stuff "in", so it's not a concern here. So if something is blocked up (as removing the spark plug has proved) my money is on the exhaust.

/ Echo issues??
Guys, the blocked exhaust seems unlikely (a mouse crawled in??) but I appreciate the ideas, and I will check it! If that isn't it, I suppose I will need to spend money to have it looked at... sigh. When I used it last spring, it was a great saw.

/ Echo issues?? #13  
Guys, the blocked exhaust seems unlikely (a mouse crawled in??) but I appreciate the ideas, and I will check it! If that isn't it, I suppose I will need to spend money to have it looked at... sigh. When I used it last spring, it was a great saw.

The saw has a 5 year warranty if bought new. Take it back and let them see what the problem is.

Did you have a friend try pulling it over?

Maybe you are just turning into a puss :D and can't pull hard stuff anymore. I have a new Echo p620 with the same cu in. and it does pull hard because of the compression, but is manageable even without the compression release being used. But you used it for quite a few hours before so if the pulling difficulty changed it has to be the saw or your arm.

/ Echo issues?? #14  

Plugged screen. spark arrester. broken slipped gasket. dead mouse..... yeah, seems unlikely. but what the heck. if you remove the muffler, you can look into the cylinder with a flashlight and see if its scored up.

/ Echo issues??
Deere Dude, I got the saw from an online eBay pawnshop... it was new, but no warranty, of course. The price was right, though- I probably wouldn't have it if I had to pay retail... I would still be sawing 28" trees with my 16" CS 370. It works, but not like the bigger saw. I still need to remove that muffler.

/ Echo issues?? #16  
Deere Dude, I got the saw from an online eBay pawnshop... it was new, but no warranty, of course. The price was right, though- I probably wouldn't have it if I had to pay retail... I would still be sawing 28" trees with my 16" CS 370. It works, but not like the bigger saw. I still need to remove that muffler.

I would pull the fan cover and check starting mechanism, especially rope condition.

/ Echo issues??
Muffler off, nice and smooth and shiny inside. Muffler nice and clean inside (well, for a 2-cycle, anyway). Plug out, pulls thru just like it should. Next stop: burly neighbor.

/ Echo issues??
PROBLEM SOLVED! I visited my mechanic neighbor, who stoutly pulled many times without any firing... we both thought it was not getting fuel, and he gave it a short, quick spray of carb cleaner, and v'iola, it started. Every since, it has started and run like a champ. There must have been something preventing it from getting fuel, which is now history. A useful trick!

/ Echo issues?? #19  
What did the neighbor think was the problem? Did he offer any comments?

/ Echo issues?? #20  
So essentially the issue was you were not able to pull hard enough to turn the engine over but the neighbor was. LOL.